8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 8:48 AM by MatiasTiberio

DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!

Vicom

Hello,

We got a little problem with the DH55TC and DH55HC when we use 4x 2GB of AData 1333MHz gaming series (AX3U1333GB2G8-1G) the computer give allot of problems it reboots when you try to install something or it doesnt recognize the VGA onboard and all kinda wierd things. When i remove 2x 2GB of that AData it works perfectly. i upgraded my BIOS to the newest and used the newest drivers from the web but it didnt solve anything. We use a Intel i5-661 and intel shows it is compatible with this board and a 2TB Hitachi harddisk and a NEC 5240S Rom and a Coolermaster 600W Silent Pro. So not anything special. Oh and i cant change the voltage in the BIOS menu not even with the BIOS ADMIN Jumper on.

any1 got a solution?

• 1. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

Based on the numbers of tests done by you, so far, I'd recommend the following:

Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system. Test.

If the problem continues, try with tested memory (see the link below), as I did not find "AX3U1333GB2G8-1G" amongst:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-025414.htm

• 2. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
            EMC_Computers

Sorry, to bring back an old thread.

Has this issue been resolved?

My company had the exact same problem with this board.

We built with the DH55TC, i5-650, 4x 2GB DDR3 1066, 2x 1TB SATA HDD's, with a 600W PSU, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260.

We attempted to load Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

The system would shut down half way through the install.

To finish the install we removed all the RAM except 1x 2GB stick and the system loaded fine.

The system continued to work fine with 2x 2GB sticks, 3x 2GB sticks, but once we added the fourth it would randomly shut down.

We had another DH55TC in stock and switched the board. Same issues.

Both boards had the newest BIOS flashed on it.

Windows event logs as well as the BIOS event logs showed no issues.

Resetting default settings made no difference.

• 3. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
              cesar593

hello 
              you could try to restart with another hard disk that is not of mark hitachi 
              and also to revise the latency of the memoirs if they are supported or not for the board

• 4. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!

hi!! i got the same problem, 2x2GB works fine, but 4x2GB restart randomly, mobo DH55TC RAM adata DDR3 1333

• 5. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
                  EMC_Computers

UPDATE!

Ok so we have since ordered a different motherboard to use in this system.

We got a MSI P55-CD53

Swapped the board out and put all 4x 2GB Chips back in.

We were using Crucial CT25664BA1339 Memory.

The system still shuts down with 8GB of memory installed?!?

So for us, we we're amazed first of all.

We are now going to try getting OCZ memory to use in this system.

• 6. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!

We've got a problem with the DH55HC  when we use 4x 2GB of AData 1333MHz  the computer gives a lot of problems:

- it reboots when you try to install something

- it crashes the videos on youtube and hangs the video games

- it doesnt recognize the VGA onboard with it's amd Catalyst EAH 4670 HD video card . When i remove 2x 2GB from the configuration the AData works perfectly. I upgraded my BIOS to the newest one and used the newest drivers from the web but it didn't solve anything. We use a Intel i5-661 processor and intel shows it is compatible with this board and a 1TB  harddisk. When I tried to install windows the program tells me that it can write files or run the memory test. I installed windows with 6 gb of RAM and on the intel onboard video chip.  When the installation was finished I added 2gb ram of the same A data model and the 8gb's configuration is working but the pc still has problems with the video driver installation after inserting the AMD video card and crashes sometimes. I tried the windows memory diagnostic tool and the result was that there is a hardware problem detected for the RAM. When running the same test for the 1st kit of A data RAM of 2x4 gbs, which is stable and I previously used it, with my 64 bit installation of Windows 7 ultimate, there were no problems shown. With the new kit of 4gbx3 A data RAM of the same kind (timings, frequency everything is identical) the test shows no errors. Only with the 2 together the error is shown. I want to ask why this is happening and can you by any chance give me a solution. A working bios or any kind of fix to boot the AMD catalyst video driver should be helpful.

• 7. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
                      Salem_Intel

Hi,

If "with the new kit of 4gbx3 A data RAM of the same kind (timings, frequency everything is identical) the test shows no errors", I'd still recommend what I previously indicated (see above the thread), and add to that the advice of making sure the memory you are using is 1.5v., as the CPU itself is not tolerant to higher than 1.5v.; this is indicated here:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029913.htm#4

• 8. Re: DH55TC and DH55HC Problem with 8GB(4x2GB)AData 1333!
                        MatiasTiberio

Hi there! Yeah we all know about de 1.5v. Nevertheless I had the same problem, if you use 6GB instead of 8. The system works perfectly. Also it couldnt be a problem of support because as you can see we've tried with all kinds of memory and the same problem persists