Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

i3 HDMI port requires monitor power cycled after sleep or restart, why???

idata
Employee

Got a new i3 540 machine and found that every time the machine is restarted or wakes from sleep the monitor wakes up but never shows video until I power cycle it?? The monitor works fine using various other video cards but not the i3. I got so pissed I bought another monitor and it does the same thing. My guess is that it requires a new video BIOS maybe?? Mine is version 1973, anybody out there know anything about this? Not sure if this is just another HDMI issue or what, in the monitor or in the i3 graphics chip?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

i have this issue as well.. i found a workaround.. i have the htpc plugged into a pioneer sc05 receiver and it does this all the time.. so i disabled all the sleep functions and all the hybrid sleep functions and all the hibernate functions and left htpc on and just turned off the tv and receiver.. kind of lame but it is one of many problems... i have windows 7 as well so it may also have something to do with that os...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That is lame, but seems to be normal, always have to leave things on because sleep only works the first day you buy a PC!

I also have Windows 7 but I think the problem is in the BIOS or video BIOS

I fixed the problem by buying 6 monitors until I found one that works, maybe by fluke, who knows with HDMI. I have bought so much equipment from HDMI issues I'm beginning to wonder if that's the real reason it was shoved down our throats??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

well if that was their goal then they are succeeding.. i have bought three different graphics solutions trying to get a viable reliable hdmi to receiver connection.. so, that is three graphics solutions for and 6 monitors from you , so it seems like they are well on track.. lol

0 Kudos