3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 3:12 AM by 14nickintel

PCIE X16 graphics cards are not showing in Bios or operating system

14nickintel

My question is better asked in the post below.

Message was edited by: Nicholas Baker

• 1. Re: PCIE X16 graphics cards are not showing in Bios or operating system
          14nickintel

D945GTP and D945Psn motherboards

WinFast PX8600 GT TDH (Limited ZALMAN Edition)

My question is:

How should I properly install a PCIE X16 graphics card?

I have tried the recommended method of disabling onboard video in the bios and removing the VGA drivers then installing the card/s(I tried installing 2 cards on 3 different motherboards).

I connect the monitor to the PCIE X16 card and I get video output on the screen and no video card appears during boot or in the operating system device manager. The result is the same for all 3 motherboards.

• 2. Re: PCIE X16 graphics cards are not showing in Bios or operating system
            Pesticide

checklist :

1. card works 100% sure on another pc ?

2. have you tried all video outs connecters on the system while booting? ( DVI, VGA, and the onboard DVI /VGA slot) , noone show something on your monitor?

• 3. Re: PCIE X16 graphics cards are not showing in Bios or operating system
              14nickintel

The older Leadtek card has been working and the other card is new. I had a similar problem when I first tried installing the older card but got it to work ok somehow later. I have been thinking I may have cleared the cmos before I got it to work. But I have not tried that yet because the instructions for installation have never indicated clearing the cmos.

The other card is brand new and I am using Windows7 and also tried installing both cards in Windows XP and XP Professiona 64Bit Edition and in 3 computers.

The last 2 computers I installed the cards displayed from the card VGA output on the display cards in the PCIE X16 motherboard slot but neither cards show in the device manager or during the boot process.