3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2011 11:16 AM by Curious592

DH55HC and DG45ID LAN and Audio problems and system hangs

steve1916

High Definition Audio Drivers for DG45ID and DH55HC have yellow bang, fail to work, or cause system to hang at shutdown or at other times due to system waiting to play sound.  Drivers are current as of 5-26-2010.  I did not try earlier drivers, but will not install again until new drivers posted on or after 5-26-10.

LAN Driver for DH55HC sometimes works and sometimes does not.  Disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet cable or re-booting sometimes restores operation.  Driver is current as of 5-26-21010.  I did not try earlier drivers, but will not install again until new drivers are posted on or after this date: 5-26-10.

In both cases, for Audio and LAN Drivers, the system is a clean install of Windows 7 ultimate or home premium.  No error messages during or after Windows installation.  No other applications installed. Latest BIOS, Chipset and Intel ME installed.  Latest Nvidia drivers installed.  Work-around is to uninstall Intel drivers and let Windows 7 re-install drivers when system is re-booted.  System works without problems after uninstalling Intel drivers.

• 1. Re: DH55HC and DG45ID LAN and Audio problems and system hangs
          Curious592

This occurred to me when I had the speakers plugged in during IDT Audio driver installation and again after I had removed the speakers (presumably with power supply off).  Installation should be INF and then audio.  Test, if problems with sound or yellow bang, uninstall audio and reinstall.  The waiting to play sound may qualify as a problem since it persists.  I'm about to look at the registry myself.  I have moved LAN up in my sequence but Intel only refers to the first two now.

• 2. Re: DH55HC  LAN  problems

I have face same problam.

LAN Driver for DH55HC sometimes works and sometimes does not.   Disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet cable or re-booting sometimes  restores operation.

any other way to conect to internet.

help me

• 3. Re: DH55HC  LAN  problems
              Curious592

I've had the same experience that another post mentioned.  Installing a graphics card fixed an audio issue and after removing the card the audio still worked correctly with a certain program.  Reinstallation of the driver is still the best option.  Updates may have fixed the issue mentioned above where the log-off sound was required for shutdown but it is also possible an old speaker set had an intemittent short that affected the motherboard.  A newer speaker set was connected and was then removed much later with no shutdown problem returning.  Shorts could have unpredictable effects on power management including the LAN.  The case is another possible source of shorts.  The tabs above the back panel should contact the board.