DP55SP 4F ERROR

Hey guys,

I just built a new system with;

DP55SP mobo

i5 661

4gig kingston ddr3

GTX 260

1TB HHD SATA

When i first booted the system it ran through till stalling at Code 4f, after some research I found that the board most likley does not have the latest version of flash which is causing dramas with the CPU.

I am unable to tell what version the bios is at the moment as I cant reach the bios. However I downloaded the latest version for my board, burnt it to a disc, removed jumper and let it run.

This time around i got code 26 -> 31 -> 33 then a repeat (then repeat). I am aware that the bios copy can take time however it has done this for 30 mins and it so far has not done anything new.

I have also checked all the cables, reseated all of the internals, verified the board beeps when no ram is installed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do next.

• 1. Re: DP55SP 4F ERROR
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Try it with the pendrive instead of the CD. If it dosen't work then you will need to get another CPU, that will let you update the BIOS, either an i5-7XX or an i7-8XX

• 2. Re: DP55SP 4F ERROR
            ranky

Ok, I tried a usb drive, that didnt work. However I went and got the exact version of the bio's that was supposed to work for my processor, without the jumper in, it cycled between post code 26 and 31 for 20 minutes without shutting off. Since I dont have display i had no choice but to shut the system off and see what happened.

I put the jumper back into the motherboard and now the post cycles but I have a white LED flashing at the top and it repeats 36 to 60 and is in a loop.

• 3. Re: DP55SP 4F ERROR
              sylvia_intel

@Oggie00 and Ranky, I think it will be a good idea to do some basic troubleshooting in order to find out if there is any defective component on your system.

Please let me have the AA# of your board. It will be located on a white sticker label with a bar code.

Please follow these steps:

- Take the system out of the chassis and using minimal configuration. Please use only the motherboard, processor, power supply. Since there is no memory installed, the motherboard should give you a 3 beeps sound. - Please disconnect hard drives, or any other devices such as optical drive.

- Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery#datetime

- Add 1 memory stick and try to access BIOS.

Let me know the results.