Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

OverClocking an IntelPentium4 E6400? ? ?

idata
Employee

Hello people

I am looking to overclock my Pentium4 E6400 2.13GHz processor. I have searched high and low for stuff on the internet but i found nothing, and there is no option in the BIOS to overclock. So im lost now, most programs i tried do not work either. So someone whit knowledge that can help me is very appreciated.

My pc is a pretty good rig, and i know it can do alot better then it does, my cpu temps only get to about 50degrees with really demanding games like GTA4 and FSX, so that tells me it ain't trying all that hard. I want to overclock to i does a better job.

My specs are as follows

DellXPS410

Vista 32bit

Motherboard is Dell inc., model = OWG855, chipset is Intel P965/G965, southbridge 82801HH (ICH8DH)

Processor = Intel Core2Duo E6400 at 2.13GHz, conroe, LGA775, multipler is at x6.0 with bus speed at 266.0, core VID1.131V

x6 Gigs Corsair Ram DDR2 (6144MBytes) PC2-6400 400MHz, supposed to be 800MHz.

Nvidia8800GTS

That's about the basics of my system, all psot more info if needed.

I need help doing this, as every other way i know, is not possible to do. Like in the BIOS, i can't overclock thru that, because there is no option to.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Are we not supposed to get help in a community forum???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

The main problem you are going to have is your motherboard and BIOS options if they are not there then you will need to see if you can overclokc from the OS. I can't help you with that. But for BIOS overclocking see this guide, it's one of the best ones out there and explains everything you need to know: http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/103676-c2d-overclocking-guide-beginners.html

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well my issue is that i can't overclock in the BIOS, there is no option.

For me to overclock has to be from the OS, but i don't know how and i need someone with experience on that.

0 Kudos