3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 4:02 PM by CalyxOOgent

DG33TL compatibility issues with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (G33/31)

CalyxOOgent

I needed a board that could run the intel core 2 quad Q8400, and that chip required a 64bit OS. I had tried XP 64bit but because of some issues such as antivirus compatibility with Microsoft Security Essentials, and audio noise when I was supposed to be using Dolby (I record instrumental music, and comedy skits)- I decided I would try out the Windows 7 64bit. In house the audio on a midi track works out fine (no noise), but hooking up any kind of an audio cable into the microphone jack, the input, has involved alot of noise at higher decibel ratings. Hooking one computer to another increases this dramatically. This seems to be more of an issue when both input and output are used together, than when just speakers alone are used, and seems to be more of a microphone issue.

Anyway, after trying the Windows 7, I found many compatibility issues especially with the audio, but not limited to audio. Even working in compatibility mode (which directed me to XP SP2, 64bit does not have an SP2), I found the dolby control panel .exe, or the control panel .exe was not compatible with the campatiblity mode of XP SP2 within the Windows 7. I had tried straight installs just into the X86 (XP 64bit has a WOW emulator), or, I had installed the 64bit drivers on the disc that came with the board into the system at the least, and I had troubles with the audio setup. Unfortunatley I had not tested the microphone at this point, but wait, I installed the Vista compatible Audio driver as the latest update, and everything seemd to work fine (I could turn my PA system all the way up with no noise, and I could play audio Cd's). Some of my troubles came in when I installed a Creative Labs Xi-fi external usb 5.1 card onto the system, and then I tested more thoroughly the setup- The Creative Labs card was not compatible with this system, and sent a whole chain effect of disasters that I tried to deal with- It knocked out what seemed to be the properly installed drivers (although I had not tested the microphone as of yet)- nothing would work. I tried reinstalling drivers from the beginning to the latest update over the top, and none of this would work. I uninstalled drivers, and reinstalled drivers- none of this would work. I finally tried compatibility mode, and the audio came on, but none of the control panel to turn the dolby on or off, or some feature. The whole point to me is there are alot of compatiblity issues here demonstrated between the Windows, the board, and the sound card.

This is not the first time I've come across issues with Windows 7 and microphones, because I have tried this on other boards where you cannot even get the microphone to work at all- and I searched for endless hours, I searched for so long I completely forgot what I did to finally get them to work on the one board, but not the other, and could never repeat the experiment. That was an ASUS board, a Biostar (the one I could never get the mic on), and this Intel board has had it's troubles getting the mic to work- I'm a producer, not a consumer, I expect the Dolby to work on the way in, not on the way out, or actually, preferrably both. I suspect some of the issue lies here: consumer vrs producer. To me it is in and out, all the way around, on every driver, so nothing binds, and there is no breach...

This is definitely demonstrated by the way the networking between boards is very unstable, and inconsistent when working with the windows 7 (I had better luck with XP 64 bit to Windows 7, than the Windows 7 to the Windows 7, using different boards (I am using the Intel DG33TL, and a Biostar A770E3 with a triple core)). I could get nothing to work right all the way, and it was always almost there, but never all the way- I felt like I was playing one of those puzzle games with the mixed up sentence, and the squares, and you move squares to try to right the sentence. It was kind of Rubic like, everytime I did something here something happened there. In and out, In and out: (where in=producer, and out=consumer): it's my guess certain spots are being tagged for locations to process, but there's no return once starting a journey, you can't reverse, but must go through this whole mouse trap game to finally get where you needed to go- In and out, in and out. I know from computer programming school and Cobol a long time ago that you never make a closed algrithm, and that could very well be happening in a larger way around the OS, or the board- try a little AC electricity and see what happenes (I'm no expert, but I guess that could be software theory as well).

I'm assuming the networking and audio are all tied up through some device such as Net-framework, or Visual Studio (obviously audio plays a part with video), and the networking problems do seem to parallel the audio troubles. I have found it difficult to find any interfaces to work with a DirectX that seem reasonable to a producer, much less any of the affore mentioned ideas (You can't even find a java interface to work with the Java soundbank)- and I keep noticing the whole area is deficient of producers, but is blooming with consumers, as if that's all there was to do rather than work. Take that with a grain of salt, my standards are high: I would like to make instruments, and my first venture into anything that could open up a DLL vst was a failure (I tried C++ to just try and open one and it didn't work). Ha ha.

Last but not least the power management ideas do not seem to be compatible with one another, the Intel managment idea did not install to begin with until I got the Vista update, and the only things that did install to begin with was guess what? The lan (networking), and the audio.

• 1. Re: DG33TL compatibility issues with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (G33/31)
          CalyxOOgent

It's me again- I've come back to speak of things I know not of, I hope that is not obnoxious...

My suggestions are to never integrate another product into your line, all integrated ideas should be the responsibility of the company producing the particular product, and any products are then black boxes in plug and play interface: my suggestion is that all the board really needed was a direct link between the input and output (mic to speaker), and it is the responsibility of dolby to provide the hardware necessary to tap into the signal- so what if another subsidiary has to be built, because that's just more jobs for us...

Because of intellectual copyright ideas I'm sure it is difficult to obtain every secret device of another company, and this makes it prohibitive to incorporate such devices into an integration from another root source, and so I would like to suggest an interface...

My vision of the link is one of old transistorized tubes, in which the tube is fashioned like a fuse- any rebounded voltage in negative ground is calculated within the glass by leyden static- or the diode and infrared signal utilized as a fiber optic. If the transistor were horizonatal plane line, the reader would be vertical, or perpendicular, and with the eye would read the signals generated by the transistor- this would be a completely noise free signal...

The rebound effect in essence should provide the valve action that determines if the transistor adjusts the Hz, so that will not double up, and the vacuum should provide 4 to 2 ohm impedence- this is wehere the diode comes in handy in one way valve action- so that impedence can be produced on the one side, and on the other the two way valve can either produce the power necessary to run some device, or the optic impedence necessary to run the cable...

The inverter (AC in integrated electronics): shaking up the proverbial transistor as if it were a paint can in a paint store...

This might be accomplished (the two way diode), by applying the impedence to the power, and the power to the impedence- the amount of activity generated should roll-over the equation in the swirling excess within the tube- in other words: we're going to overload the transistor, or short circuit it (and use the ionized vapor as a transmission point)... (the static leyden fleece the reader)...

Another way to look at this device is a midi thru, from mic to speaker, and all associated conversion necessary to convert an anologue signal to a digital signal, or vice versa- as explained here...

(psychological value)

The external audio card should incorporate into the system the aspects of a vst in midi thru, actually the card is the vst hooked up by usb, but the conversion of signals by fiber can carry audible sound. some soundblaster cards carry the capacity to work with soundfont files, and those should be readily available to the host in vst (This is an idea generated by the discussion with myself of why can I not use the soundbank on my midi keyboard to play the sound through the usb): because the usb is inneficiently carrying the signal, unlike an infrared might, or a fiber optic...

This maybe addresses the compatibility issues in theory, those that are mentioned above, and some ways maybe the integration of both software, and hardware (but especially of effective hardware)- can influence the decision making capability of the process in question,

Thank you-

• 2. Re: DG33TL compatibility issues with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (G33/31)
            CalyxOOgent

As in the case of the midi keyboard I had thought to record the audio and the midi simultaneously (because I needed the Key signals to process the wav), however, let the keyboard company work that out- why should I have to develop the speed adjuster- however, not such a bad idea anyway...

The problem being in ani-viral approaches: that somebody is going to ge tthe idea eventaully to turn the equation around if I keep playing off of them: the solution: I would never integrate anybody else's idea into my integrated system- but let's discuss another interface...

I would never think it, as those minds do, to turn the equation around (but study it I do...): i could/would never entertain the idea of doing that until I could turn the equation around Pix2a=Px2i@2ndP- in other words: whatever you do to the one side of the equation you do the reverse (opposite) to the other, and that concerning Pi should come all the way around in the reverse perspective (action/reaction); Pdn2X,(for)3...

Throw that in the mainframe with the other virus', with a little remote control, and that's a pretty wild transistor isn't it?

and totally- that's AC

• 3. Re: DG33TL compatibility issues with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (G33/31)
              CalyxOOgent

It's me again I hope...

As I supposed to Asus the chip was not up to specs on the G33/31 because the socket (board) was not drawn enough- to take the chips potential state into underclock and widening the span between parameters, that's assuming the board can run independently of the chip (carry it's electrical operations apart from any outside involvement). It's assumed the board will work independently apart from the chip, and though not able to process any data, it will turn on and carry it's state throughout the integration of the board- as mentioned by Dolby above, the chip can be pulled from the board, and the board will still have audio, but just no dolby.

Any balanced state is assumed clock, independently of processor spec- there's underclock, and overclock. It is assumed the board draw the chip into underclock on standstill, but once elctricity is introduced the overly ionized semiconductor flows more rapidly in the balanced overclock/underclock.

Somewhat like negative to positive ground, and AC electricity- it is assumed that depth come into play... (inverter)

The vertical depth in equative reasoning was that bit changed given any band (mhz), or broadband change in potential electrcity. That a fluctuation was required by diaphragm to maintain signal (AC) against a three pole switch (model electric trains, or model railroading), and any of those bands could be considered pole (polarity), or sine; and that spike trigger, against a pole switch in the vertical-

In other words the cores are layered by fruit roll up. The series of antenna around this capacitor operates the motherboard- in essence according to reverse polarity, the motherboard becomes the chip.

What I'm thinking is to catch an audio file in a rotary motor, fluctuate its potential, run the antenae, contact the software, which in turn is filtered by the motherboard- which fluctuates the audiophile into sine, which operates the chip- or vice versa in AC.

The cam shaft from the perpetual motion idea was basically that two rings of magnet, an inner, and an outer, would repell each other independently of pinion- that they were spring loaded in centrifugal shift (the faster the wheels spun independently of each other, and they both do spin- the further the spread between the repelling ideas)- in some sense this could be looked at as a diaphragm (origianlly the idea was to hook up numerous wheels in line, and have them revolve around a copper core to produce electricity)- the idea run off of self perpetuating electro-magnets.

(processes of an electro-magnet)...

This taken to the chip was hydraulic in the press down (that the diaphragm vibrated affecting the chip, not the other way around- or is it)- the bouncing diaphragm shatters the chip, or which stabilization needs to be made (ha ha) in erratic ion (particle collider) (universal joint).

It would be a heck of a fly wheel for an electric motor car if nothing else (which should run off of AC?)

These processes too talk about chip (or electro-magnet as you will)-