1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2010 1:41 PM by Salem_Intel

DP55WB PCI speed with Quadro card (only 8x)

rdsaustintx

I built a nice workstation around this micro-ATX board. i5-750 chip. It has the latest BIOS (4/19/10).

This is mostly for CAD, so I used a PNY Quadro FX 380 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card. When I check in BIOS it says that 8x is being used. There is no option to change this, just an information panel.

The video card drivers are current.

Any clue why the PCI video bus is not running 16x??

Russell in Texas

• 1. Re: DP55WB PCI speed with pci16 card (only 8x)
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

We have not had similar cases reported nor do we have a known issue with 16x PCIe* video cards.  Unfortunately, we do not have a tested graphics card list that I can share with you.  Generally, as long as the PCI Express* card complies with the PCI Express* Technology, it should work; for further details on this technology, please, refer to the following URL:

http://intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-012289.htm

You could also double-check with the video card manufacturer to see if they have a desktop board compatibility list of their own.

You could alternatively test with the most current BIOS version (Click here).  Once the update is done, please, restart the system into BIOS and proceed as follows:

Press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.