Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Windows XP drivers for Intel HD Graphics are not meant for playing games?

idata
Employee

In all games and I mean it, in all games that I try to play on Intel Core i5 CPU with newest Windows XP drivers (XP SP3 32bit with all updates is installed here) Intel HD Graphics drivers hang/freeze from 2 minutes of playing to 2 hours of playing.

E.g. Far Cry 1 patch v1.4, usually hangs 3-15 minutes through playing. King's Bounty The Legend hangs in just 1-2 minutes after you start playing.

This problem occurs much sooner during the course of playing if I enable only 128MB of system RAM allocated to this GPU, and a bit later if I set DVMT to use maximum allowed system RAM.

My hardware configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i5 660

Motherboard: ASRock H55DE3

RAM: 4GB DDR3

OS: Windows XP SP3 Professional with all updates installed, as well as the latest available downloadable drivers.

I don't have desire, nor money to upgrade to Windows 7.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

This problem is also mentioned /message/73781 here, /message/74629# 74629 here, /thread/9537 here, /thread/9171 here, /thread/12928 here, /thread/13040 here and in many other threads too.

It must be a shame to Intel, but in reality it seems like they don't care. Threads are unanswered, people are dissatisfied.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, the exact error messages are:

The driver igxprd32 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Far Cry 1, patch 1.4 error:

King's Bounty The Legend, patch 1.7 error:

King's Bounty The Legend, patch 1.7 settings: http://yfrog.com/9hsbountythelegendv17grapj

I will bump this thread indefinitely until this (these) bug(s) is (are) fixed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here's the last Windows minidump when the error occured.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tg2ye3nuaet Download

If you need a full memory dump, I can do that for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The exact error message (for Google and these forums search) is:

The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Like I promised, this is the first bump.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The second bumb because Intel programmers don't give a f*ck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 crashes almost instantly as soon as you start playing:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: igxprd32

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x891D3620,0x89B4B340,0xF78CECBC,0x00000001)

igxprd32

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same issues.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD Memory igxprd32 graphic problem

Name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator

HD Memory size 256 MB

laptop model:acer 5740

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz

I got igxprd32 error crash while playing ea sports cricket 07 and INTEL SHOULD SHOULD FIND THE FIX

FOR THIS ISSUES WHILE CONTACTING CUSTOMER CARE IN ACER THEY TOLD IN MOTHERBOARD IN INTEL.SO EVERYBODY WANT THE

FIX FOR THIS ISSUES
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here comes a new bump. Welcome it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You haven't heard of me for a long time. Here I am again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

sorry boss no solutions for me till now

idata
Employee

I adore bumps. Unless Intel decides to answer or to create a publicly accessible bugzilla/issue tracker.

idata
Employee

Bumping has never been so funny considering no response from Intel whatsoever.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No new working correctly drivers = a new bump.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here comes a fresh new bump.

Edit: Intel has just released new drivers v14.42.3.64.5268. I'm gonna test them soon. Stay tuned.

Message was edited by: Artem Tashkinov

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Get a discrete graphics card and be done with it. Intel HD is for watching movies.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Masoa please tell the corrrect reason for the error(igxprd32 error) its not correct reason to say that to buy the new graphics card and if is not possible the problem is not coming in another motherboard brand and we want the correct reason for this error don't try to hide the reason

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sathis, regardless of the brand of mb intel hd is built on the processor and like the op mentioned it's not for games - more technically it's designed to render 2d graphics. A 3d video card would enable the op to run all the games in question.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I cannot reproduce this issue any longer, the problem seems to be solved. Thank you, Intel.

0 Kudos