2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2010 2:35 AM by pavansut.infotech@yahoo.com

I/O Controller Hub Issue

roxxas2

Hello all,

I'm having some PC heating issues. I currently own an Intel DG45FC motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 with four gigabytes of RAM. I have four 7200RPM SATA hard drives.

I've been using this PC for about almost six months now. I've never Over-clocked this PC. It's in an old Acer case because I don't have much money. Bebe-pleure For some odd reason, my CPU, and or ICH, or I/O Controller Hub, keep over heating. I've been monitoring them with the Intel's Desktop Utility. The CPU's processor Thermal Margin was at 32 degrees Celsius. The other chips were fine.

A little while later, my PC sporadically shut down. When I rebooted, it starting with a few beeps and displayed: "PROCESSOR THERMAL TRIP," or something like that. When I've booted up my PC and checked in the BIOS, it said my CPU temperature was 45C, my MCH (Memory Controller Hub) was at 40C, and my ICH was 70-75C! Is that normal for an ICH?! It shuts down at 75-76C. Why does it say "Processor Thermal Trip" if it's the ICH that's heating up?! Anyway, if you guys would like to help me, thank you. If I'm in the wrong section, please redirect me.

Roxxas2