Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

i5-650 igxprd32 crash

idata
Employee

Im currently running windows XP pro with an i5-650 LGA 1156 processor.

I have tried installing both drivers (the previous release and the more current release)

Both seem to work fine, the earlier driver was running gaming for about 2 hours until it starting crashing and locking up the system.

The latter driver would lock up the system after 15-30 min of gaming, both which give me an igxprd32 error.

I have searched the web a bit and the fix seems to be an even older driver release that works with this type of chipset. I was wondering where it could be found or if there was a fix for this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Dont know where a fix can be found. I am getting blue screens and random crashes, primarily when running full screen video or games, and no one so far will respond. This is in x64 though. As far as I can tell, the drivers for win7 have a lot of problems, so the solution is to buy a discreet graphics card from nvidia (like a GT 210/220, low end) and use that. I am at the point where I wonder why they bothered to put the graphics in this thing.

0 Kudos