1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 10:35 AM by Intel Corporation

Windows 10 Hyper-V and Intel Wireless upload speed slow

vartiaj

Hi,

I have recently purchased a gigabyte sabre 17wv8 laptop which has Intel Wireless-AC 9462, and have installed latest Windows 10 Pro OS V1803.

Wireless works fine, except when I try and use Hyperv and create an external switch using wireless. What happens is the upload speed is slowed down or throttled to 1Mb/s, download speed is fine. The slowdown is experienced on  both the host and the vm's. Soon as I delete the external switch, the upload speed returns to normal. It appears that this fault is related to the version of windows/hyperv that includes the default network switch which can't be deleted.

I have updated the wireless driver to the latest version 20.80.0.5 and no difference

Has anybody else had similar experience? solution? request Intel to update driver?

Cheers

Jeff

• 1. Re: Windows 10 Hyper-V and Intel Wireless upload speed slow
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello vartiaj,

Thank you for posting.

You already have the latest driver available from our end. So, you can try contacting Microsoft regarding the Hyper V behavior, since it's only happening with this feature it might be related to it and not to the wireless adapter. It might even be an expected behavior when using a virtual switch with Hyper V or a bug with the Windows® 10 version you are using. But, in either case you need to contact their support to get more assistance for this matter.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation