Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Inter Cam Sync and Auto Exposure

PCase3
Novice

I believe I am seeing that Auto exposure does not work when I set the inter cam sync mode to master on the D435. I have tried with both Firmware 5.10.3 and 5.10.6. Has anyone else seen these two features work together? Is it a known limitation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PCase3
Novice

After more testing I realized that master mode was not the issue. As part of my initialization I set the preset to 0("custom") and then to 3("high accuracy") as a workaround for an unrelated issue. This worked with earlier firmware, but with 5.10.3 I see that doing this appears to break auto exposure. After changing things to set the preset to 1("default") and then to 3, auto exposure functions correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PCase3
Novice

After more testing I realized that master mode was not the issue. As part of my initialization I set the preset to 0("custom") and then to 3("high accuracy") as a workaround for an unrelated issue. This worked with earlier firmware, but with 5.10.3 I see that doing this appears to break auto exposure. After changing things to set the preset to 1("default") and then to 3, auto exposure functions correctly.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos