Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S2600WTTR has Amber flashing warning light, but nothing listed in Event Logs - How can i diagnose?

RYate
Beginner

Hi

We have a few S2600WTTR servers, and the Amber light is flashing once every second on one of them.

Nothing of consequence in the event log, and server seems happy.

How's the best way to diagnose this?

I'll attach a debug log to this post.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ryates,

Thank you for joining the community.

When you say event log you refer to the System Event Log Viewer utility from Intel? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26988/System-Event-Log-SEL-Viewer-Utility?product=88281 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26988/System-Event-Log-SEL-Viewer-Utility?product=88281 . Or you are talking about the Windows Event Log from the OS?

I tried to open the DebugLogs attached but they seem to be password protected. Could you re-upload them without the password protection?

Besides that you could run the System Information Retrieval Utility (Syslog) downloadable from the following URL: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26991/System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-?product=88281 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26991/System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-?product=88281

Please DO NOT attach the previous log to the case since there is sensitive information contained.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
RYate
Beginner

Apologises, the event log in the BMC, the server is running VMWare ESX.

The debugLog is encrypted by default from what i understand, and Intel support reps can access it?

I've deleted the attachment for now, unless i'm told otherwise.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
RYate
Beginner

Hi Henry

We run VMWare ESX on this server, so i'm not sure i can run the applications you mentioned. Should i just attach the encrypted debug log at this stage?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ryates,

I am sorry for the information.

I just wanted to follow up and verify if the information sent, helped you to retrieve the Logs.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ryates,

I just wanted to verify if the informaiton provided helped to retrieve the Logs.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
RYate
Beginner

Hi, apologises Henry

I've been smashed busy with work, so been unable to look at it, but will hopefully be looking at it this week.

I'll reply back as soon as i have results.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ryates,

I truly understan you must be with a lot of work. Just let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ryates,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that we are here if you have any questions..

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
RYate
Beginner

Hi Henry

I gave the server a reboot this morning, and the alert seems to of cleared.

I'll monitor it, and if i see it return i'll get the logs as requested. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RYate
Beginner

Hi Henry. I've finally been able to get the required log files (See attached)

I have been getting the occasional email alerts from both of our servers, but only the first server is occasionally showing the warning light on the front. The email alerst i've been getting are:

Event that generated this alert:

RID:012A TS:12/30/2018 14:47:52 SN:PS1 Status ST:Power Supply ED:Predictive Failure ET:Asserted EC:Non-Critical RID:012A RT:02 TS:5C28DA98 GID:0020 ER:04 ST:08 S#:50 ET:6F ED:A2 06 30 EX:01 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Might not be related, but thought i'd mention it. Please find the attached log files, i appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

0 Kudos