10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2018 1:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Slow download speed 2,4 ghz, Intel wireless-ac 9462

Koen1993

Yesterday  i started a brand new laptop computer with an Intel wireless-ac 9462 adapter.

I noticed that the download speed on 2,4 ghz is very low (less than 1 mbit/s), upload speed around 3 mbit/s. Only nearby the router (less than 2 meter) download speed gets a little better, max 6 mbit/s. Connection is fragile, regular disconnecting and reconnecting occurs.

With a different laptop and iphone on the same 2,4 ghz network at the same place download speed is about 19 mbit/s, upload around 3 mbit/s.

These speeds are normal for my network. Also tested the laptops and iphone on a different network comming from a different router, same problem.

5 ghz seems to be working fine/better. Download speed at this network on the 9462 adapter is around 19 mbit/s, upload around 3 mbit/s. This is the same as on the laptop and iphone i am comparing.

I have, after experiencing this problem, used several different by intel recommended settings for the adapter. This has not made a difference.

Next i have updated windows 10. This did not make a difference. Then i have updated the driver of the 9462 adapter, this didn't make a difference.

I have also checked all relevant settings on the two different routers i use, none of these changes made a difference.

Can anyone help with this problem?