cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly installed ssd ,545s, is on drive menu in bios, but not on bootable devices menu?

DSimo1
New Contributor

Problem: newly installed 545s ssd shows up in bios as an installed drive, but does not show up in list of bootable devices. So I can't boot from it. Original hard disc was cloned successfully to the ssd. System is a Dell Optiplex 980 running Windows 7 How can I get it to show up as a bootable device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi dave52,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.I've been informed that you have already received assistance from our support team, and your issue has been solved by connecting the drive in a SATA port and changing the boot priority.If you ever have another issue or concern, feel free to open a new thread or to contact us as you did previously.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi dave52,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.I've been informed that you have already received assistance from our support team, and your issue has been solved by connecting the drive in a SATA port and changing the boot priority.If you ever have another issue or concern, feel free to open a new thread or to contact us as you did previously.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.