9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 11:56 PM by anderssod1968

Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin

anderssod1968

Hi,

I have a problem with Intel Unite Skype Plugin.

I can connect with pin to the hub but the skype icon says "No meeting available".

In the debug log I get this:

2018-10-19 15:48:46 s4b:   Online appointment not found, setting no meeting button -

Only when I force the hub to join the meeting while I'm connected from the client I can join the meeting.

The text "Incoming call" appears and my client is connected.

2018-10-19 15:55:10 s4b: S4B UI Init Called -

2018-10-19 15:55:10 s4b:   S4B Conversation is still loading... -

2018-10-19 15:55:17 s4b: S4B setting WebRTCClientsStartMuted to False -

2018-10-19 15:55:17 s4b: Conversation Status Change Detected, reinit UI... -

2018-10-19 15:55:17 s4b: S4B UI Init Called -

2018-10-19 15:55:17 s4b:   S4B Conversation is still loading... -

2018-10-19 15:55:18 s4b: S4B setting WebRTCClientsStartMuted to False -

2018-10-19 15:55:18 s4b: Conversation Status Change Detected, reinit UI... -

2018-10-19 15:55:18 s4b: S4B UI Init Called -

2018-10-19 15:55:18 s4b:   S4B Conversation is still loading... -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: Changing FireIsHubBackgroundTransparent(True) -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: S4B setting WebRTCClientsStartMuted to True -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: Autostart Set To False -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: Auto-unmuting set to Skype Default: none -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: Conversation Status Change Detected, reinit UI... -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b: S4B UI Init Called -

2018-10-19 15:55:21 s4b:   S4B Conversation Started -

But in full screen mode it is not possible to join the meeting manually from the hub.

Should Skype autojoin the meeting or should the plugin make Skype to join the meeting?

Br, Daniel

• 1. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello anderssod1968,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing problems with your Intel ® Unite Skype plugin.

Regarding this, in order to best assist you, I will need to gather some more information, please provide me with the model of the device used as a Hub. Also, please provide me with the edition (Small business or Enterprise) and version of Intel ® Unite installed.

Let me know please. 

Regards,
          David V

Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
            anderssod1968

Hi David,

The Hub is an Intel NUC7i5DNKE.

The version is 3.3.153.36.

Plugin version 2.3.

I installed the enterprise version.

Br, Daniel

• 3. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
              Intel Corporation

Hello anderssod1968,

Thank you for your response.

I have sent a private message to you with some information that we need to discuss regarding the Intel ® Unite Version, please check your inbox and let me know the outcome.

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                Intel Corporation

Hello anderssod1968,

Thank you for working with me to solve your issue. 

I will need to request some debug/logs regarding the issues that you are currently having, please refer to your private messages inbox and provide me with the information.

Regards,
                David V

• 5. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                  anderssod1968

First suggestion from Intel was to install version 4 of Intel Unite.

Here is what I have done since then.

Maybe it can help others facing the same problems.

First attempt to install Intel Unite server v4.0 was unsuccessful and ended up with "...Software installation stopped prematurely".

The reason for this was our domain password policy of minimum 12 characters.

Here is from the log where I found the reason:

User or role 'api_user' does not exist in this database.

Changed database context to 'unite_server'.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType, Boolean retry)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType, Boolean retry)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand)

at Intel.Unite.Installer.CustomActions.CustomActions.InstallSql(Session session)

SQL Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is too short.

'api_user' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.

After changing password policy temporary to 8 characters I came to the step where "maintenance service" failed to start.

I could't figure out how to install this service properly until someone in another post proposed to enter "P@ssw0rd" for the installation and that made my day.

Everything is now installed but only if I use "P@ssw0rd" as "Service Account Password" and if domain password policy accept 8 characters.

Next thing was the problem to launch the admin page because all I got was a blank page.

After hitting F12 in Chrome I found a script error in api.js on line 2200:

And the error message:

app.js:formatted:2200 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined    at Object.<anonymous> (app.js:formatted:2200)

at f (app.js:formatted:435)

at n (app.js:formatted:55)

at Object.<anonymous> (app.js:formatted:39655)

at f (app.js:formatted:435)

at app.js:formatted:481

at app.js:formatted:482

I found out that it's impossible to launch admin page when my browser is set to swedish. Same with my iPhone etc.

I don't know if there are problems with other languages but the fix for me is to set "english" as display language in Chrome.

Now my admin portal is up and running in ver 4.0 and I have installed configurations for Hub and Client and paired the Hub with the server.

I'm running version 2.4 of Skype plugin on the Hub but I'm facing the same or more problems than before.
                  No contact between Intel Unite and Skype and the "windowed mode" is not working in Unite ver 4.0 on my Hub so impossible to see what happens in Skype.

There is also some strange texts in the file "Intel_Unite_4.0_Skype_For_Business_App_Guide_v1.0_Eng_101018.pdf".

When uploading cab files for the client there is no installers or cab file for Skype as it says on page 9 and forward.

There is only one msi file called CalendarPasser.Client.Module.Installer.mui.msi and a cab file called CalendarPasser.Client.Module.cab.

• 6. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                    Intel Corporation

Hello anderssod1968,

Thank you for your response.

We are currently investigating about this and I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with all of the error messages or logs. Our engineering team is currently looking into this and I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                    David V

• 7. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                      anderssod1968

Here is what you asked for

HUB manufacturer(s): Intel

HUB model(s) and SKU: NUC7i5DNKE

Client model(s): HP EliteBook 840 G4

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit) and update version: Windows 10 64-bit 1803

Intel Unite® Client version: Intel Unite 4.0 PV 4.0.949.40

Intel Unite® HUB version: Intel Unite 4.0 PV 4.0.949.40

Intel Unite® Server version: Intel Unite 4.0 PV 4.0.949.40

Intel Unite® Small Business version (if applies): na

Intel Unite App Extended display driver version (if applies):

HUB and Client Graphics Driver version: Hub: 24.20.100.6286 / Client: 23.20.16.5018

Number of systems affected: 1

Intel Plug in information (If applies)

Name of the plugin: Intel Unite Skype plugin

Plugin Version: 2.4

• 8. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                        Intel Corporation

Hello anderssod1968,

Thank you for the information.

We are currently reviewing this and will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                        David V

• 9. Re: Problem with Intel Unite Skype plugin
                          anderssod1968

Hi,

I have upgraded to version 4.0.991.430 but no luck yet.

Both hub and client is configured and I'm able to connect to the screens.

I have even managed to configure Guest Access for my Hub:

guest_access.PNG

But the skype plugin is still not working!

I'm waiting for your answer about "Intel Unite® Solution 4.0 Skype* for Business App Guide".

On page 9 (3.3.4) there is guide about a client configuration:

skype_for_client_config_guide.PNG

But this is not part of the installation packages for client plugin:

skype_for_client_manifest_doesnt_exist.PNG

So if I cannot add skype configuration for the clients I guess this will be the reason?

Can you confirm Skype plugin version 2.4.10749.-1 is the latest available and the correct version for Unite 4.0.

Br, Daniel