Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Unable to update display driver on windows 8.1

AMill20
Beginner

I am using an Asus X550LA with an intel core i5-4200 CPU. Lately I have been noticing issues while gaming, so wanted to make sure my drivers were up to date. According to dxdiag, I'm using version 10.18.10.3308; however, when I visited Intel's website to download a more version, the driver & support assistant claims my Intel software is up to date.

I'm guessing that either dxdiag is wrong and my drivers are up to date (meaning some other unknown issue is causing my gaming freezes and crashes) or there is a conflict of some kind with my Intel software.

Any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility. Then, an intel support agent can assist you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

0 Kudos
AMill20
Beginner

Thank you. See attached.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AarinV0,

Thank you for your joining our Intel ® community.

In this case, your system works with optimized drivers directly provided by your system manufacturer.

We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities or detection issues from our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), we recommend you checking https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X550LA/HelpDesk_Download/ Asus* webpage and using the driver software provided by them.

In order to isolate the issue we will need you to uninstall the current graphic drivers that your system has, until the basic Microsoft*display driver is exposed (please make sure that you will do it with no internet access)

After that, for troubleshooting purposes please install the latest Intel ® Graphic Drivers (OEM) found https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_Intel_Broadwell_Win81_VER101814406201.zip here

In order to do it, please go ahead and perform this update steps:

Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

Open Device Manager:

For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon

Click yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

Expand the Display adapters section.

Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click Have Disk.

Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.

Click OK, and finally click Next.

Drivers are now being installed.

Restart your computer.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
AMill20
Beginner

Thank you. The problem appears to have been resolved.

0 Kudos