Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

intel hd 530 driver issue

DOh4
Beginner

Hi

I'm currently using a i7-6700, asus b150 motherboard with internal graphics with a windows 10.

I've using a dual monitor system for a couple of years, and suddenly yesterday, my main monitor (HDMI) has gone black.

The sub-monitor connected by DVI is working fine, and I've ruled out connection / monitor issues by linking other systems / changing the connecting cables, etc.

It seems that the hdmi output is somehow malfunctioning, and I believe it has something to do with the intel graphics drive

because when I delete the grahics drive and reboot it, the monitor works (although both monitors replicate each other).

A few minutes later, the "automatic" intel graphics driver upgrade kicks in, and the main screen goes black again.

I could just use dual monitors with rgb/dvi connections, but I really want to fix this problem.

I've tried installing the most recent drivers from both ASUS, and intel. I've also upgraded my bios/chipset.

I even tried changing my power setting, and some display settings that some people have recommended.

I don't know what really happened suddenly, but there might have been a windows upgrade between the time the monitor worked and had gone black.

Not really sure because I got frustrated and clean installed the whole windows 10. (again, installment is fine, reboots and I can see the manufacturer logo, and the graphics upgrade kicks in --> screen goes black.)

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I'd be really grateful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

HI oh5959: We will assist you with this scenario.

Normally the updates of the graphics drivers are done by Windows directly, are you using any Intel application to update the drivers?

In this case what we can try is to install the driver provided by ASUS, since those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific platform, once the driver gets installed then we can try to disable the Windows automatic updates, please install driver version 21.20.16.4542:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B150-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

On the link below you will see further suggestions about how to stop the driver from getting updated automatically:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

Since the processor works with the Intel® HD Graphics 530 controller, we can also try to install the Intel generic driver version 25.20.100.6326:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

oh5959: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos