Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

RST application/program will not load

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a Windows 7 pro 64bit computer with Intel Rapid Storage Technology version 15.9.0.1015 installed on it. The service is running. When I right click on the service and select "Open Application" I receive this error:

IAStorUI.exe Entry point not found. The procedure entry point nextafterf could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR120_CLR0400.dll.

Then I see a popup: IAStoreUI has stopped working. "View problem details" give me:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IAStorUI.exe

Application Version: 15.9.0.1015

Application Timestamp: 59df9ddc

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24231

Fault Module Timestamp: 5b6db2d4

Exception Code: e0434352

Exception Offset: 0000c54f

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NestuccaTech,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

When getting these error messages, you can try reinstalling Intel® RST.

If the issue is not resolved, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to take a look at your system configuration.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Here is the report you requested.

Thanks for your help.

Gene

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NestuccaTech,

Were you able to reinstall Intel® RST?

The recommended steps to uninstall the software are:

1.Start menu > Control Panel.

2.Click 'Programs and Features'. Locate and select Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

3.Right-click the application name, and then click 'Uninstall'.

4.The uninstall program will start. Click through the options for the uninstallation.

Also, does the application show the same behavior if you run the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology UI from the start menu?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I've uninstalled the software, reboot, installed the software, reboot. No change.

The error message is the same no matter if you try and load from the desktop shortcut or right clicking on the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" icon in the task bar and select "Open Application".

Gene

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NestuccaTech,

Do you experience the same issue if you install the Intel® RST driver provided by your system manufacturer?

Please follow the steps to uninstall Intel® RST UI and install the version provided by your system manufacturer since it was customized for your system.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software 15.2.1.1028

Version 15.2.1.1028 - 2016/12/1421.12 MBytes

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

**Note: Please confirm the OS version.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When I click the link you provided and select Windows 7-64 bit I get these options (but not Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software 15.2.1.1028).

VGA, BIOS, AUDIO, LAN, Utilities, Wireless, BIOS-Utilities, USB, Chipset, SATA, BlueTooth and Qualified Vendor List.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NestuccaTech,

Please follow this path:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/ Support Link > Choose OS > SATA > Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software 15.2.1.1028.

**Note: Please confirm OS and board.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you. I uninstalled the program, reboot, downloaded the version from the link you provided and installed it, reboot. Looks to be no change. Same error message.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NestuccaTech,

Thank you for your response.

If using the driver provided by your motherboard manufacturer does not fix this issue, our recommendation is that you can contact them so that they can walk you through the right process to install Intel® RST in your system.

Now, according tohttps://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk_Manual/ H170M-PLUS User's manual, you can enable/disable Intel® RST from BIOS. Please contact ASUS to confirm this information.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your assistance. I don't think this is an issue of incorrect steps for the installation of the software. The RAID controller is working and giving notifications when an issue comes up so at least that part is working. I can still make changes to the RAID during the boot process. Would be nice to be able to do this while in Windows, but that isn't going to happen apparently.

Take care.

Gene

0 Kudos