I did the following steps.....
- I replaced the Dell DW 1520 (broadcom) card with the Advanced-N 6200 (622ANHMW) card.
- Booted the laptop
- Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit found new hardware and searched for a driver...
- Driver not found.
- I run both ICS_Ds64.exe and ICS_s64.exe, no warnings or errors.
- Card still not active, My WiFi (in the system part of the taskbar) has a yellow warning sign in
the icon, and says no adapter found.
- I started device manager, at other adapters a networkcard was present with a yellow sign.
- I opened it looked at the drivertab, says no driver loaded.
- Watched at the detailtab, hardware-id's, it says
- closed device manager
- opened with notepad the .inf file in the Win7 section of the driver (forgot the exact name of the
- looked at all the PCI/VEN id's did not find my cards PCI/VEN id.
- started device manager, opened the networkcard in other devices, go to the driver tab, choose
2nd button 'Renew'? (i've got the dutch version Win 7), search on my computer, choose from list,
Networkcards, Intel Corp., Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN.
- Driver installed without problem.
- as soon as I left device manager BSOD, below a small pease of one of the minidumps
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800036bf0e0
fffff880`0a41f4cc 8b06 mov eax,dword ptr [rsi]
TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800351b680 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800351b680)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80077ca4e0
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800a41f4cc rsp=fffff8800351b810 rbp=fffffa800901d1e8
r8=0000000000003400 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff80003417000
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
fffff880`0a41f4cc 8b06 mov eax,dword ptr [rsi] ds:4b28:00000000`00000000=????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003486b69 to fffff80003487600
- I also tried patching the .inf file with my PSI/VEN id. after reboot directly after the Win 7
logo again BSOD
- This morning I installed the Advanced-N 6200 in a free PCIe slot as a 2nd WiFi card
without antenna's, PCI/VEN id's still the same as above, installed driver by hand as above.
- As long as i do not disable the DW 1520 card all goes OK (even a boot of the laptop), My WiFi does
not find it. As soon as I disable the DW 1520, BSOD again.
I believe I received a very strange version of the 622ANHMW, and without the right drivers belonging
to this card it never is going to work.
Thank you for you time and advise,
PS My last thought, could I have a MAC version of the Advanced-N 6200?
1) Are you sure your new intel adapter is 6200? It looks like 6300 from the device id. did you mix up them up?
2) please don't play with .inf file of the driver.
3) a good thing to do is uninstall Broadcom driver before removing the card.
Please check what adapter model you have and download the appropriate driver. Hope this helps.
1) I only know what's on the label, it says 622ANHMW, it is sold through Ebay as an Intel Advanced-N 6200 AGN/5300.
2) Sometimes it helps (think of Nvidia and ATI GPU cards, but this time it does not.
3) I removed all the Broadcom drivers and subprogramms, I also tried older drivers like 12.4.x.x, when I use these older drivers I do not get a BSOD but the card does not function either. The seller advised me to use the 5300 drivers but this does not function either.
I ordered a new 6200 card from Dell, hope to receive it next week, maybe that is the solution for me.
There's a big difference between 6200 and 5300. If the seller advised you to use 5300 drivers then why he is selling it as 6200?
Not every generic card will work on every platform. In many cases the card has to be manufacturer specific. Once you receive the adapter from Dell, please make sure to download the appropriate SW from Dell website.