1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 11:57 AM by Intel Corporation

CPLD Max II, programming.

Igorkurchatov

Hello, I write in hopes that I can solve a problem encountered in CPLD integrated circuits. I use a board purchased from the internet, equipped with CPLD Max II - EPM1270T144C5, programmed through the Quartus II Lite software. This CPLD has been configured in a simple two-port Nand latch SR, where pull-up resistors have been enabled at the inputs. By programming the board successfully and verifying that the logic was correct, I noticed an anomaly. Precisely, if I connect the board to a power supply (AC / DC converter), where there is no network filter, I just touch one of the pins of the CPLD to drive the SR latch crazy, sometimes it is enough to bring a finger to a distance of 2/3 mm from the package. The problem is substantially reduced by connecting a battery, reducing to 95% if the power is supplied by a USB port of a PC, with a mains filter. I state that during the programming phase I have set all the unused pins in all the allowed possibilities, GND, tri-state pull-up, etc. In the hope you can give me an opinion. Thank you.

• 1. Re: CPLD Max II, programming.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Igorkurchatov

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

For Quartus support, please post your questions on the Intel Community in the “FPGA Design Tools Forum”:
          https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000MWKAWA4/fpga-design-tools?language=en_US

If you have a My Intel Premier account (IPS), please submit an IPS ticket.
          To submit a ticket, go to the My Intel Dashboard, and under the My Support section, click the Intel® Premier Support button to initiate the process.

You may create your My Intel account by going to the Sign-in page here:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/fpga-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/secure/my-intel/dashboard.html

1. Click Register now for a Premier account.

2. Enter or confirm your personal information, select a password, complete the enrollment questions section, agree to the Terms and Condition, and click Submit.
          Your account request will need to be validated and is subject to approval. An email notification will be sent to you if the account has been approved.
          Once your customer account is approved, the “Intel Premier Support” button will be visible in the My Intel dashboard under the My Support section. If you are not eligible for an IPS account, you may still receive technical support in the Intel Community forums located here:
          https://forums.intel.com/s/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          Leonardo C.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation