2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 2:44 PM by Intel Corporation

No sound after Windows 10 Update

wallacebill48

Hi,

I have just had an automatic update on Windows 10. After the update there was no sound from my laptop although everything else seems to work. My laptop has a message advising that "No audio output device is installed"

I have restarted my machine but this doesn't have any impact.

When I check the Sound Control Panel it states that "No output nor input devices are found".

However, when I check the devices its states that there is an Intel (R) Display Audio and advises that it is working properly. It also states that there is an Intel High Definition Audio however it advises that "The drives for this device are not installed (28) and that there are no compatible drivers for this device. When I try to update the driver it states that Windows cannot find a driver for this device?

I'd appreciate any assistance and advice to help me get sound back on my device.

Thanks

Regards

• 1. Re: No sound after Windows 10 Update
          hobbsn

I have the same issue and I started the following thread yesterday, this has been responded to by Intel

Intel High Definition Audio Device Driver Deleted After Installing CU KB4464330 on Windows 1809

• 2. Re: No sound after Windows 10 Update
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: We will assist you with this matter.

To provide the most accurate information, please provide the following information:
            What is the model of the motherboard?
            What is the model of the processor?
            If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?
            Which Windows version are you using?

If you are using the Windows® RS4 version, please follow the steps below:

Perform a system restore to a point when the audio was working, and then update the graphics driver to version 25.20.100.6326 or newer.
            Steps to perform a System Restore on Windows* 10:

-In the Search option located in the start menu type in Restore
            -'Create a Restore Point' should show up as best match, click on it.
            -Click on 'System Restore'.
            -Click on 'Next' after the initial Wizard screen.
            -Select either 'Recommended' restore point or 'Choose a different restore point' if you have manually made previous backups.
            -Select a restore point from the list of available options.
            -Click on 'Next' to finish.

Regards,
            Alberto R.