Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

SSD doesn't show in Storage System Status

PSon1
Beginner

Hi,

I just build a new system which is fully functional (I am typing on this new system).

However, for some reason, Intel Rapid Storage Technology program does not see my SSD.

Below is the copy of system report and it seems that the program is seeing my drive as unknown drive?

Can anyone figure out a way for this program to recognize my SSD?

Thank you.

Peter

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing problems with an SSD that is not showing up.

Regarding this, I would like to gather some more information, specifically I would like to know if you could attach a screenshot of the disk management. This way I can see the different drives connected. Also, please provide me with an System Support Utility report. This report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PSon1
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for helping me.

Here is the info. that you've requested.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate all of the information provided.

What I meant was a screenshot of the disk management of Windows*. This can be accessed by right-clicking on the start button and then selecting the option "Disk Management".

Take a screenshot of the drives showing there and attach it to this thread.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
PSon1
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry about late response.

Here is the screen shot.

I have both SSD in Raid 1 and they show up as Disk 0.

Disk 2 and 3 are my external drives.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

First, I would like to start by mentioning that I have taken the information from the System Support Utility report and the Intel ® RST System report and I have added them to a text file which have been attached to the thread, this has been done so that it is easier to navigate between posts.

Now, I was checking the system report and I can see that the drives are both recognized, what's more, the RAID shows under the disk management. Since this is the case, it can tell us that the problem could be the software itself. Please go to the "settings" and then "apps", look for the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology and delete it completely.

Once done, please download and install the following version provided by your motherboard's manufacturer:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H370M-D3H-rev-10# support-dl-driver-sataraidahci https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H370M-D3H-rev-10# support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.*

After the installation is complete, check to see if the drives are visible there.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to follow the steps provided above?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
PSon1
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately it did not work as it still does not see the drives.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

Please provide me with a system report now that you have re-installed the application version provided by the manufacturer, this way we can see what the problem is. It will also let us know the version you have installed to see if it was installed successfully or not. Also, provide me with screenshots of the newly installed interface and the drives it shows.

Is the SSD that is not showing the one with the operating system? Or does it has only data in it?

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sungandjudy,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
PSon1
Beginner

Hi David,

I have decided to just uninstall the program. I don't think it's affects the system and the computer seems to work ok.

I will try again once I change my SSD to see if it's anyway related to SSD incompatibility.

Thanks for all your help.

Peter

0 Kudos