Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel optane

МКрив
Beginner

Hello. Recently I bought an i5 8500+ processor with Intel® Optane Memory. Opened the utility. He writes that he can not find the disk. What to do. The drive costs 1 TB Seagate 7200 BarraCuda hard drive. What to do? I would be glad if I get an answer to your question.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi wesf_1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues setting up the Intel® Optane™ Memory, however I need additional information about your system in order to help you in a better way.

Please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report. This report will include your system details. Please attach the report file in your next response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please take some screenshots by following these steps an attach them in your next response too:

1. Open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and then selecting the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear. Take a screenshot of the Disk Management window.
  2. Identify your booting drive in Disk Management (probably Disk 0). Right click on it and select Properties. Then, from the window that will appear, go to the Volumes tab. Please take another screenshot of the Volumes tab.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wesf_1,

I noticed that you edited your original post to add a screenshot with the information asked, however I need you to upload the full report from the Intel® SSU in a text file, as well as the Volumes tab screenshot of the booting drive, not the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Please provide this information in a new post so that I can take a look at it.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
МКрив
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wesf_1,

Thank you for the report file.

After checking it, I can see that your system is in UEFI mode which is fine, and your Intel® Optane™ Memory is recognized by the system.

However, from the picture of Disk Management that you provided before, you don't have any reserved space at the end of the boot drive. Based on your original description, this might be the cause of the issue.

As you can see in the following document, page 5, you need to reserve at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the booting drive: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf

I know there are some free tools online that can help you to reserve this required space, however my recommendation is to re-install the OS. During the installation process, you can reserve this space in the drive (make sure it's at the end of the drive).

Please try this and let me know the results. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wesf_1,

Were you able to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory? Let me know if you still need help.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos