Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Problem with intel 4000 drivers with i7-3630qm

HDhal
Beginner

The computer is a toshiba l855-s5372. It has a 3rd generation i7-3630qm cpu. We have 6 of these laptops. Same issue with all of them.

Under windows 8 had no problems with any programs using intel 4000 drivers. With windows 8.1 and above having problems with the intel drivers.

The problem is that some programs that previous worked no longer do. Some programs and games load up with black screens and just sit there. At the moment using 9.17.10.2875 (10/17/2012) . That is the only driver I can find that gives this laptop any sort of usability. Some programs still don't work, but enough of them do to get by with.

So far to try to fix this problem I have

- tried installing a fresh copy of win 8.1 onto the laptop, same issue black screen

- removed all the graphic drivers and let windows pick its own generic driver, no good

- gone thru and tried every intel 4000 driver on listed for this laptop on the toshiba support website, nothing there worked.

- toshiba forums are next to useless, problems reported there many times, ignored, or generic replies

- I have tried various intel 4000 drivers for other laptop brands using the same i7-3630qm cpu, same problem.

From the downloadcenter.intel.com site, gone thru and tried every graphics driver listed for the i7-3630qm and found nothing that works. I have tried everything from version 9.17.10.2875 to the current version 15.33.47.5059. The intel driver assistant program mentions does not work either. The driver is not supported error comes up when trying to automatically install the driver. Manually installing the driver causes the laptop to freeze up, black screen, not enable the driver or never finishes updating.

Just need to add this bit in, windows update will 'suggest' a graphics driver update every time, which causes the black screen as well.

From google and the thousands of links it brings up, It seems the intel 4000hd drivers have issues with the 3rd generation i7's. Same issues as the ones this laptop is having.

Is there any workaround? Any driver other than the 9.17.10.2875 that may work? Only solution we can think of is to downgrade to windows 8, which isn't really a 'fix'

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello HD123,

Thank you for posting.

From our end, the latest driver available for testing is the version 15.33.47.5059. Since this is an older platform is not likely to get more updates for testing. Our recommendation is to check with your computer manufacturer for specialized drivers for this computer model.

You can find all our drivers for this platform here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
HDhal
Beginner

Have already tried the drivers in the link you mentioned. Does not work.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try checking with your computer manufacturer for more drivers for your Toshiba model.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
HDhal
Beginner

Please read the original post, Already checked the toshiba website and forum.

Does anyone else have any useful answers?

0 Kudos