Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

dividing hard with optane memory

AElai
Beginner

I bought a laptop with 2tera and 16g optane but i found the hard is only one partition ( c ) is there any problem to redivide it or should it be only one partition because of optane memory ? can i still benefiting from optane memory with 2 partitions .

its win 10

core i7-8750h .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Ayman_Elaidy92,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The recommended and supported configuration of the HDD is with only one partition. If you divide the drive in several partitions, the Intel® Optane™ Memory may not work properly, especially if you then install another OS in the drive. So my recommendation is to keep your single partition in your drive.

You can find additional information about the Intel® Optane™ Memory in the following site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory

I hope this information answered your concern. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
AElai
Beginner

That was the answer of intel support on twitter they say its ok .... ?????

Intel Support :

The functionality of the Intel Optane Memory is not affected if you have multiple partitions on the HDD as the OS drive is still accelerated with the system files and applications, delivering a better system responsiveness compared to adding additional RAM. Happy Computing!!

what should i do ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ayman_Elaidy92,

You can have another partition in your drive, although the recommended configuration is with one single partition. I've seen other community users with 2 or 3 partitions in the booting drive and they are able to accelerate the drive, so that's why I mentioned that the module may work, but that's not the recommended configuration.

On the other hand, if you are planning to install another OS in the new partition, that won't work as drives with several OS installed are not supported.

Please let me know if this clarifies the concern, or if you are still having doubts about it?

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
AElai
Beginner

No Im not planning to add another os system i think win10 is good enough but i will follow your recommendation and let it with one single partition .

Thanks A lot Diego .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ayman_Elaidy92,

You're welcome. If you ever have another concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll be more than happy to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos