Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Drive Error 0xA0040008

SYik
Beginner

Hi All,

Trying to get my Optane Memory to accelerate my secondary HDD. The app successfully identifies my Memory, and the HDD. But errors out when I try to set it up with the following error code: 0xA0040008.

I've search through all of the support pages and can't find any reference to this error code so not sure how to resolve.

Specs:

• MB: MSI Z370M MOTOR
  • CPU: Coffee Lake i5

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi shyik0311,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are trying to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory but you are getting the error code 0xA0040008.

I was searching through the community about this error code, and I found the following thread where the user got the same error. He was able to solve it by formatting the HDD. Please check this thread for details:

According to the solution reported by the user, you have to format your drive to delete any data in it, then initialize the drive again and the issue should be fixed.

The following article may be useful for you in order to perform a low-level format on your drive: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html Run a Low-Level Format on Intel® Solid State Drives

Please try this and let me know if it works for you too.

I'll be waiting for your response. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi shyik0311,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are trying to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory but you are getting the error code 0xA0040008.

I was searching through the community about this error code, and I found the following thread where the user got the same error. He was able to solve it by formatting the HDD. Please check this thread for details:

According to the solution reported by the user, you have to format your drive to delete any data in it, then initialize the drive again and the issue should be fixed.

The following article may be useful for you in order to perform a low-level format on your drive: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html Run a Low-Level Format on Intel® Solid State Drives

Please try this and let me know if it works for you too.

I'll be waiting for your response. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi shyik0311,

I was wondering if you were able to solve the issue, or if you still need help with this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
SYik
Beginner

hi Diego,

Thanks for your help.

The Intel Optane Drive now works fine after formatting the HDD.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ian,

Thank for the updates. I'm glad to know that everything is working now.

If you ever have another issue with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, feel free to open a new thread. We'll be more than happy to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos