Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i7-7500U the boost stop in game :( from 3.45GHz to 2.8GHz

wbuth
Beginner

Hello buddy(s),

Since few months, I'm in trouble with my computer, as you read before my processor stop the past when I go intoa game, like I'm facing the desktop with 3.45GHz even if the game is running behind just after open it i7 drop to 2.7-2.8 GHz.

Additionally, when I go in game my keyboard light up and my screen brightness drop lower like the energy saver system, but I'm still plugged and the battery setup is in high performance.

I'm using an Asus ux510uwk, what could i do ? Thx in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Buthod

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Have you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool on the system? Once you run it please save the report to your desktop and attach it to the thread.

I would also recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to verify if this behavior has been reported.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
wbuth
Beginner

Hi !

Here is two TXT, one with today's test and the other with all the test on my computer, you can see that Iupdated the BIOS version due to my problem, but nothing change... currently I have tested more games and the problem frequency problem appears only in PUBG while a game is launched i think It could be the configuration, but it didn't explain the energy saver fake mode (it still appears in other games), if you have something to try let me heard about it, thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Buthod

Thank you for the information.

After looking into the reports I see that the processor is working correctly (frequency and temperature), this behavior that you are having could be because at the time of the temperature raising the system would throttle to lower the frequency to protect the system, what you could do is setting the Windows system performance to high and is if it is possible loading the default BIOS settings (refer to OEM for steps), about the brightens and light changes this could be a customization for from ASUS* (OEM), I would recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to verify this behavior, and if it is possible to change the it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos