Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

¿puedo usar una memoria Intel Optane para acelerar un volumen RAID 0 existente?

JGlez
Beginner

Cuento con un volumen RAID 0 con discos SATA III, ¿puedo instalar una unidad de estado solido Intel Optane para acelerer este volumen?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi JDGO_0416,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

You can indeed accelerate a SATA drive with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, however you can only accelerate single drives. Accelerating a RAID 0 volume is not possible.

I hope this information answers your concern.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
JGlez
Beginner

Hola nuevamente.

¿Supongo entonces que tampoco es posible acelerar cada unidad que forma el arreglo RAID 0?

idata
Employee

Hi JDGO_0416,

That's correct. You can only accelerate a single SATA drive with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. This means that you can have only one Intel® Optane™ Memory in the system to accelerate one SATA drive. It's not possible, for example, to accelerate 2 separate drives with 2 different modules, and then setup a RAID 0 volume with them.

I hope this clarifies the question. If you have further doubts, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JDGO_0416,

I'm wondering if there is anything else I can help you with regarding to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, or if I have answered all your concerns about it.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos