1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2010 3:23 PM by Dan_O

Intel S3420GPLC + Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/4G

I bought this S3420GPLC + Xeon 3420 + 4x 4GB Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/4G RDIMM's.

I cannot get the board to POST no matter what DIMM configuration I try. All I get is three beeps..... I'm not the only one with that kind of issue. I found a russian board entry by a guy that has excactly the same problem.

This is kinda what I was afraid of with AMD backed motherboards.  I see the DIMM is not on the Memory List but there simple is NO RAM  from that list available in Germany at all!  I can't believe the board won't post with such expensive memory just  because it's not validated.

What can I do?

EDIT: So... it looks like it was my mistake. I found out Lynnfield IMC does not support "x4" DIMMs. The following posts explains why

At the end I got fooled by the Intel Memory Configuration Tool, it would be nice if the tool mentions the "x8" limitations. Or at least my reseller could have told me that when I ordered the board + Xeon.

Again, there are no "4GI" modules available in Germany. Only one I can get are these:

KVR1066D3Q8R7S/4G - Quad Ranked  -  x8

They have the same number as the ones on the Intel Memory List except that there is no "I" at the end.

Will these memory sticks work for me?