2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 5:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Packagefortheweb Error

Blax

Hi guys so I really need help. I installed the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and I have a problem. I have an update pending for my driver and when I try to install it, I get 2 errors.

It goes like this : The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

And after this one, when I press ok, it goes like this: Unable to open the self-extracting executable file. The file is locked or in use by another process. This installation will terminate.

Please help me, what can I do ?

• 1. Re: Packagefortheweb Error
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Blax,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing issues with some pending updates for your driver.

Regarding this, I would like to begin by gathering some information, specifically the System Support Utility report. This report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Also, I would like to mention that something we can try is to fully uninstall the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant from the system by going to "Settings" and then "Apps", search for the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant and remove it from there, after that, download it from the link below: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Proceed with the installation and try re-scanning and downloading the update if applicable, if the issue persists please let me know.

Regards,
          David V

Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Packagefortheweb Error
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Blax,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the information requested above. Also, I would like to know if you tried the re-installation mentioned. 

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,
            David V

Intel Customer Support Technician
            Under Contract to Intel Corporation