6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 11:12 AM by Intel Corporation

Update never happens

Le_moose1

I find it a bit odd that the same issue happened again only on my other NUC.

Before it was another application that would not update while going through all the motions like it would.

So today I checkd updates... first on my NUC6CAYH w/2x4GB RAM & 1TB HDD and then the NUC5CPYH w/1x8GB RAM & 500GB SSD.

The "6" downloaded the two updates on the wifi/bt card and proceeded to do all the installation. Needed a reboot then came with the message that the IDSA needed updating. Did it and one of the updates did not take. Tried a few more times without success.

However my "5" prompted to updatethe IDSA first and had the same general updates as on the 6. It completed and now is up to date.

Attached is the available update for the 6.

Not really a problem since I have this 6 unit connected to the ethernet port and not wifi.

Thank you for your time,

Mark

• 1. Re: Update never happens
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Le_moose1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you still have some pending updates for your wireless adapter.

First, I would like you to try to uninstall the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant by searching for it by going to "settings" and then "apps". From there you can uninstall it and then try downloading and installing it again using the link below: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Also, please provide me with the System Support Utility report. This report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,
          David V

Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Update never happens
            Intel Corporation

Hello Le_moose1,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,
            David V

• 3. Re: Update never happens
              Le_moose1

I was going to go thorugh the step by step instructions, so I uninstalled the program restarted then for kicks reinstalled it to the same update earlier in the weekend. Same update came up. The installation took forever so i left it and went to bed.

Either the computer locked up or rebooted, not sure, so today I decided to redo it and to my suprise is there wasn't that update showing, just one for the Graphics drivers.

Upon further inspection the "old" 19.x.x. appears to be current and the "new" 20.x.x. has been pulled as an upgrade. Is this true? Should I go through the steps and manually add 20.x.x? Or has it been pulled?

Mark

• 4. Re: Update never happens
                Intel Corporation

Hello Le_moose1,

Thank you for your response.

I would need more information please, if possible, attach a screenshot of the available driver update. Also, please provide me with a System Support Utility report. This report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,
                David V

• 5. Re: Update never happens
                  Le_moose1

Here is the report and screenshot.

Tried update again today with the same result101118screenshot.JPG

• 6. Re: Update never happens
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Le_moose1,

Thank you for your response.

First, I would like to mention that I have edited your response and attached an System Support Utility report with all of the information that was copied & pasted. This way it is easier to get it and the thread will not be big due to the whole report. 

Now, I was checking the report and in fact it seems like the WiFi is not yet up to date, have you tried running that update and see if it completes properly? If not, let me know because we will have to try to do it manually again.

Regards,
                    David V