Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

CustomModeApp not responding

MWats3
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed the latest Intel Graphics drivers. However in its new iteration the tab "Custom resolutions" that was quite crucial to my work environment has disappeared. From researching here a bit, I learnt that I could use the feature by executing CustomModeApp located in C:\Windows\System32

There I have found two .exe named "CustomModeApp" and "CustomModeApp V2.0"

However, it appears impossible to access them. Opening them does not start any program nor process anywhere.

What should I do?

Find attached a SSU report.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MarvinW,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you can no longer see the option for custom resolutions under the graphics properties panel.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, if possible, please attach screenshots showing the interface and I would like to know if the same happens using the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. If possible, please test this by performing a clean driver installation with the ones provided by the manufacturer.

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
MWats3
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for responding. Find attached the requested dxdiag document. as well as a screenshot of the program after clean reinstall of the driver (note: the displayed resolution 1280x800 is the only available one).

Please let me know if in need of anything else.

P.S. Context notes: I use this tablet for displaying .ppt lectures by mirroring its display onto a 30 inch TV screen. The native resolution being an all-too-low 1280x800, it is unreadable on such a screen; I therefore used to force a much higher custom resolution before mirroring to make it more legible (which I cannot do anymore).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarvinW,

Thank you for your response.

I am currently reviewing the report submitted. Please provide me with the model of the TV used, also, let me know what kind of connection you are using to connect the tablet to the TV, this is important to see why the resolution desired does not show.

I would also like to request a graphics report, this report can be generated by following the steps in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Please attach the report and provide me with the information requested.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarvinW,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the information requested above.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos