Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 HELP

AYew
Beginner

Hi Intel,

Greetings. Recently I acquired a new BenQ XL2411P monitor. It is connected to my laptop via HDMI (in and out) using Single Display. My laptop has integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 as well as NVIDIA GTX 960M.

The monitor is configured with the color temperature to be R-75, G-75, B-75 (max setting 100 for each). The Intel HD Graphics 4600 has the option to select either "Default RGB", "Limited RGB", or "Full RGB". Also, there is an option to enable or disable YCbCr.

My laptop detects the monitor as Digital TV.

My question is this.

1. How should I calibrate the integrated Intel HD graphics to work with my already calibrated monitor?

2. Should I enable YCbCr or should I choose "Full RGB" on the integrated HD graphics based on my monitor RGB setting which is R75, G75, B75?

3. I read somewhere that both RGB setting on monitor as well as on the integrated Intel HD graphics should be the same. Does my monitor RGB setting corresponds to "Full RGB? Since it is not calibrated to be 100 for all.

3. Can both YCbCr and Full RGB on the Intel graphics run at the same time? Is it recommended?

Which option is the best for gaming purposes as well as photo and video editing?

Thank you.

Alex

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Alexcsy,

Thank you for posting.

Hope this information helps.

1. How should I calibrate the integrated Intel HD graphics to work with my already calibrated monitor?

From our end there is not specific documenation or guide on how to calibrate the Intel® HD Graphics Control settings, the control panel is available for our user to set their settings as they prefer. You can get most out of the Intel® HD Graphics Control panel with this Demo: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hd-graphics/hd-graphics-control-panel-benefits-demo.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hd-graphics/hd-graphics-control-panel-benefits-demo.html. Also, you can check http://on-winning.com/best-benq-monitor-settings/ The Best BenQ Monitor Settings used by Professional Players - on-winning.com* for settings from Professional players.

2. Should I enable YCbCr or should I choose "Full RGB" on the integrated HD graphics based on my monitor RGB setting which is R75, G75, B75?

This is basically up to you, I would recommend using one at a time to check which of these you think is better for your tasks. You could also check with the game support or gamer communities for advice on which is better for the specific games you will be pla.

3. I read somewhere that both RGB setting on monitor as well as on the integrated Intel HD graphics should be the same. Does my monitor RGB setting corresponds to "Full RGB? Since it is not calibrated to be 100 for all.

You will need to check with the BenQ support since this is related to their settings.

3. Can both YCbCr and Full RGB on the Intel graphics run at the same time? Is it recommended?

Yes, both can run at the same time. There is not specific recommedation for these settings, actually each setting has a different effect on your video and enabling these is up to the user and their preferece regarding them. The difference between YCbCr and RGB is that YCbCr represents color as brightness and two color difference signals, while RGB represents color as red, green and blue. In YCbCr, the Y is the brightness (luma), Cb is blue minus luma (B-Y) and Cr is red minus luma (R-Y).

Which option is the best for gaming purposes as well as photo and video editing?

As mentioned before, it depends on your preference.

*The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
AYew
Beginner

Noted. I do have another similar issue as well. When I connect my laptop to my BenQ monitor via single display using HDMI, and disconnet the HDMI cable after a while, my laptop taskbar icons become blurry. They returns back to normal after I restart my laptop. How to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Make sure you are running the latest drivers for your monitor and graphics controllers:

Also, confirm with your computer manufacturer for a HDMI firmware.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Alexcsy,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

0 Kudos
AYew
Beginner

I have done all that is required. Updating firmware and everything. Seems like its a scaling issue. When I was working on my laptop (running Windows 10 Home), the recommended scaling is 125%. When I connect my laptop to an external monitor via HDMI, the recommended scaling changes to 100%. Then, when I disconnect from my external monitor, my laptop scaling did not go back to 125%. Instead, it stays 100%. This causes all my icons and taskbar size to become smaller than usual. I have to log out and log in again from my laptop to be normal. I suppose this had to do with Intel HD Graphics issue as well? How can it be resolved? Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You already have the latest driver from my end, so the next will be to try with the recommended driver from your laptop manufacturer. Check with their support for this driver, and also check with them if a BIOS update will help with this issue.

Amy C

0 Kudos