Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Advise for VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7

RAMIN3
Beginner

Hello Everybody,

I am new on VMWare and got a PC which has-

Intel Core i7 8th gen processor,

now 16GB DDR4 RAM (within 2 months it will have 32GB),

2TB HDD (7200RPM)

And a Intel 32 GB Optane Memory

Now planning to install VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7 on the above PC. I need to know -

1. Will that Intel 32 GB Optane Memory work on VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7 platform properly?

2. While I download the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7, there is a license key for it. How long this key is valid for the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7?

3. If the given license is expired then will I capable of creating VMs and work on that VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7?

Thanks in Advance

@Riyad

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Deadlock,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Regarding to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, it is supported only in Windows* 10 64-bit, so it won't work properly on a VMware platform.

Regarding to the questions about VMware* vSphere Hypervisor, I don't have the answers for you as those questions go beyond of our support scope, however I recommend you to check the following VMware* site where you will find detail information and more appropriate support for your inquiries: https://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere.html vSphere, Training & Technical Documentation

I hope that I have clarified your concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If there is anything else I can help you with about the module, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi Deadlock,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Regarding to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, it is supported only in Windows* 10 64-bit, so it won't work properly on a VMware platform.

Regarding to the questions about VMware* vSphere Hypervisor, I don't have the answers for you as those questions go beyond of our support scope, however I recommend you to check the following VMware* site where you will find detail information and more appropriate support for your inquiries: https://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere.html vSphere, Training & Technical Documentation

I hope that I have clarified your concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If there is anything else I can help you with about the module, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos