Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD Graphics 630 Screen Shutter Issue

idata
Employee

Hello

I have a new Lenovo ThinkCenter M710q with an i5-7500T and HD Graphics 630. It is plugged in with displayport to an LG 27UD58-B. I have an issue where the entire screen will shutter every few minutes. It's not consistently happening on the minute, but it does consistently happen. I have seen better results with newer drivers but I can't seem to get it to go away.

So far I have tried the following. None of which has seemed to help.

1. Turned off display scaling
  2. Installed the following drivers
    1. 24.20.100.6025
    2. 24.20.100.6094
    3. 24.20.100.6136
    4. 24.20.100.6286 - this is where I am now

There are a number of options in the Graphics Conrol Panel that I can change. Do you have any suggestions on what to try.

Thanks

-Adam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, adambrubaker. Thank you for joining the Intel Community.

Please try using the drivers provided by Lenovo*: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/k2vdo46us14.exe https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/k2vdo46us14.exe

We recommend first testing the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers since they have been tested and modified for your system.

Then, are you using a straight DP cable (DisplayPort* to DisplayPort*)? Furthermore, what is the resolution and refresh rate set in the display?

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Antony

Sorry I forgot to mention this in the original post. I did try the Lenovo drivers first and had the same results. I tried the intel ones next as they are newer. I am using a straight DP to DP cable. I am also using a right-angle DP adapter into the monitor because my monitor is mounted on the wall. The resolution is 3840x2160 and the refresh rate is 59Hz.

Thanks

-Adam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, adambrubaker. I really appreciate your response.

Can you please test the laptop using only the DP to DP cable without the adapter? Please share with us the results.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It looks like that was the issue. No issues for a few days now after removing the 90 degree adapter. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos