Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Mini PCIe express half vs M.2

ELECL
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know if the from factor mini PCIe express half will be will disapear for wifi module ? M.2 will gradually take over ?

Edouard

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello edouard.leclercq,

I am writing to confirm the following information:

1. Wireless adapters were commonly available in two form factors including M.2 and PCIe Half Mini Card (HMC). Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is our last adapter with the HMC form factor and this has been discontinued.

2. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and later wireless adapters will be manufactured in M.2 form factor only.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello edouard.leclercq,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

The information you are requesting may not be available publicly. I will do research to provide as much information as we can.

I will get back to you soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello edouard.leclercq,

I am writing to confirm the following information:

1. Wireless adapters were commonly available in two form factors including M.2 and PCIe Half Mini Card (HMC). Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is our last adapter with the HMC form factor and this has been discontinued.

2. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and later wireless adapters will be manufactured in M.2 form factor only.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos