2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2010 8:32 PM by razzinu

Another dg43gt board wont boot/post

razzinu

hello i am working on a intel dg43gt mb, i just installed a intel core2duo 7500 2.93 cpu 1066 fsb , a 300 watt power supply and crucial ballistix memory 800mhz and 4-4-4-12 clocks at 2.0 volts. thats the specs of it anyway. well as of now i have been trying for about 3 days now and i cannot get it to post or even move beyond a fan spinning. once i got it to look as if it was going to come on as the keyboard lights flashed briefly then all went quiet. i just bought this cpu as i found out the 3.0 ghz i was using was not compatible with this board. and i have a compatible one now and still ,,, the same dang thing.... pls any help to point me in the right direction, i have dont all the normal things to try to get it to post and am about to just buy a new motherboard... anything wil be appreciated .. thanks.. razzinu...

• 1. Re: Another dg43gt board wont boot/post
          Aryan2411

Hello,

Your CPU is on the tested list for this board.

http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=DG43GT

Both CPU E7500 with SL number SLGTE and SLB9Z have been validated on this board with the min bios version 0028.

Now, the memory that you are using does not seem to meet the memory requirements:

System Memory Features
          The Desktop Board supports the dual or single channel memory configurations defined below:

• Four 240-pin Double Data Rate 2 (DDR2) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts
          • Support for:
            • Non-ECC, 1.8 V, DDR2 800/667 MHz memory
            • Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
            • Unbuffered, non-registered single- or double-sided DIMMs (except double-sided
            • DIMMs with x16 organization)
          • Memory configurations listed below:
            • Up to 2 GB utilizing 256 Mb technology
            • Up to 4 GB utilizing 512 Mb or 1 Gb technology
            • Up to 8 GB utilizing 1 Gb technology
            • Up tp 16 GB utilizing 2 Gb technology
          • A minimum of 512 MB of total memory is required

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg43gt/sb/CS-030513.htm

Try to see if you test it with another memory module.

By the way, does the board issue any beeps without memory module?

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

• 2. Re: Another dg43gt board wont boot/post
            razzinu

well i pulled the memory out and yes it does beep which is the first it has ever beeped. i have been using different memory and i have a stick of 1 g kingeston in it right now. after i posted message i did end up getting it to post once - entered the bios and set things to setup/default and it told me to turn off and reset jumper to normal mode. after that it was loading xp pro and at the format hd portion it sat for like a hour or so and did nothing. i restarted it and have not got it to post since.... very agervating...thanks