Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Help- Cannot Access Data after Accidentally Creating RAID

SCart
Beginner

I am unsure what I did, but I had accidentally created a RAID using Rapid Storage Technology. The C: drive has the operating system (SSD), the D: drive (HDD) contained my data. The D: drive became a RAID "recovery" drive.

I was able to go into the BIOS using ctrl-I and chose the two disks to be "non-raid". I can now see my "D:" drive in Windows, but the partition with the majority of the data is RAW, not NTFS. Furthermore, I can see the entire contents of C:\ on another partition on the drive.

Is there anyway to get my data back from my old D: drive?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sccarter19,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are having problems with a drive after converting it to non-RAID it became "RAW".

Regarding this, the RAW state of the drive could mean that the data of the drive is no longer accessible or lost. However, I want to follow some steps in order to try and recover the file system to see if the data is accessible or not.

These steps, however, must be done after you provide me with some information of your system. Please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Also, please provide me with screenshots of the disk management, showing the drives that are connected.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sccarter19,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the information requested above.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos