3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 2:52 PM by Intel Corporation

How to rebuild RAID1 volume

maxdrury

Hello, I have an USUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard with this controller:

Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller

I have 2 RAID1 volumes and just lost a hard drive so I replaced with an identical spare but I don't see any options to rebuild the volume either in the BIOS or Matrix Storage Console. In the BIOS the volume is degraded and the new disk is an offline member. My only options are to create, delete or reset. I have tried resetting the new disk. In the Matrix console I see a missing disk on the RAID volume and the available non-RAID disk but no option to rebuild.

What am I missing?

• 1. Re: How to rebuild RAID1 volume
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello maxdrury,

Thank you for joining our Intel ® Community.
          In order for me have more details from your system, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate.
          To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
          As well please provide me with the report from our Matrix Storage Console:
          Use the following steps to view the system report.
          1. Open the Intel Matrix Storage Console (Start » Programs » Intel® Matrix Storage Manager » Intel® Matrix Storage Console).
           2.Click View » System Report.
          Use one of the following methods to print or save the system report.
          • View the system report and use the options on that window to print and save the report.
          • Click Print System Report or Save System Report from the File menu.

We really want to verify why is the rebuild option not available, I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: How to rebuild RAID1 volume
            maxdrury

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I've attached the storage report and sysinfo files.  I also noticed that when I boot into Windows I see a notification that a volume is degraded and to 'click here to identify the missing disk'.  Unfortunately, when I get into the storage console there aren't many options that I can see.

Thanks again,

Max

• 3. Re: How to rebuild RAID1 volume
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello maxdrury,
              Thank you for your response.
              We are currently performing further investigation regarding your case; we will reach you back as soon as we have more information.
              I hope this helps.
              Regards,
              Diego S.