2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 11:39 PM by venetis

Wireless AC 3168 card + Fresh install of Windows 10 => No Wi-Fi networks found

venetis

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new laptop which comes with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 card. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on the laptop. But when I try to connect to my Wi-Fi network, Windows tells me that it cannot find any Wi-Fi networks at all.

I am certain that this is not a problem of the card itself or the drivers. If I make my mobile phone a hotspot, the laptop finds that network, connects to it and I can browse the Internet. But other Wi-Fi networks in the area are not found at all.

I have tried all guides I found on the Internet to make this work (seems to be a common problem that Windows 10 can't find any Wi-Fi networks), but to no avail. I have also updated to the latest drivers from Intel.

I tend to believe that this might have to do with some incompatibility between the configuration of the card and the configuration of my router, based on the observation that using a hotspot as an intermediate works right. But I have no clue where to look and what to try to make it work.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!