Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel 9260 Issues

idata
Employee

Hi,

There was another thread with this issue where some people say was resolved with the latest intel drivers. However, I also have an HP Envy x360 Ryzen based system and I have the latest version of the Intel Wireless drivers for it installed (20.80.0). Is there any fix for the issue?

Event Log

------------------

Error 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM Netwtw08 5007 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

Error 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM Netwtw08 5005 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Error 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM Netwtw08 5000 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

Error 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM Netwtw08 5002 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Error 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM Netwtw08 5005 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Warning 9/14/2018 11:32:31 AM NDIS 10400 The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

This keeps on repeating about two or three times.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello daiou,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

According to the information provided, I would like to confirm your system configuration.

Plase run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Also, please let us know if the wireless adapter came with the computer and if device manager displays any error code.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have attached the SSU report. The wireless adapter did not come with the computer, it was originally a Realtek wireless card that I wanted to upgrade. So I upgraded to the Intel 9260 since it's used in similar models of the x360 Ryzen laptops. There is no error codes in device manager with the wireless adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello daiou,

Thank you for your reply.

As it was discussed on the thread you pointed out at the beginning, the wireless adapter may not work properly due to hardware/software compatibility issues and manufacturer limitations. Since we are dealing with hardware upgrade, there may not be a feasible fix for this issue at this moment.

In this case, you can try these steps:

1. Uninstall Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software from device manager.

2. Remove Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software from Control panel.

3. Download the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

If these steps do not resolve these issues, repeat this process with any drivers provided by your system manufacturer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
LGray1
Beginner

I was considering this 9260 for my Crosshair VI Hero / Ryzen 1800x system, but I'm getting mixed info about the state of affairs with compatibility. Can I ask a couple of questions? One, did you try the latest driver (I believe 20.80.0) / Proset.. and two, did you uninstall your old card in device manager, delete adapters in network settings and uninstall any software (ex. Realtek, Atheros etc.) from "Add Remove Programs"?

This may sound a bit crazy, but download drivers for the ethernet (wired LAN adapter) and uninstall the LAN adapter from device manager checking the box to remove drivers (can't remember wording). Maybe it's an Intel LAN? IDK, but could be some conflict here, especially if you have an Intel LAN. Uninstall Proset / Intel networking software and drivers. I think Intel has already suggested uninstall / reinstall Proset and driver, and reinstalling that after trying above hopefully fixes it.

Another possible is a bit remote, but worth checking.. Go into the BIOS and see if "Onboard WiFi enabled" is on or off. May be worded differently. Also check the key on the keyboard that toggles Wifi. I know I sound like a tech trying to be helpful here, but there are selfish intentions and I'll be thankful to you if you succeed. Thanks and good luck. -LG

0 Kudos