Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Current Limit Throttling on i7 7700HQ

AKars
Beginner

I have a HP Pavilion Power Notebook with i7 7700hq and GTX 1050 4GB,with intel XTU I always get Current limit throttling as yes which reduces CPU Cache frequency to 0.80 GHZ,Does this cause FPS drops in Games cause I am experiencing heavy FPS drops in every game I play,to be precised I am experiencing the FPS drops on very low demanding game such as Microsoft Train Simulator.

All drivers are updated to the letest version and Windows is also upto date.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you use the graphics driver from HP? If not, you should.

Doc

AKars
Beginner

I used HP recovery to restore my Notebook to factory settings,I guess it restores all the drivers to default i.e. from HP

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, whatever is in the recovery image is what is restored. Once done, You should make certain that you have updated the drivers from the HP site.

Doc

0 Kudos
AKars
Beginner

Yes I have updated the drivers,but can you please tell me what is current limit throttling and can it cause such FPS drops ??

0 Kudos
AKars
Beginner

This is HWinfo Log of my Notebook while playing GTA 5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_EWWxtuXAj36x5xg7t7yD6E0JxmYrC6/view?usp=sharing log.CSV - Google Drive

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Akashk17

Thank you for the information.

Allow me to share with you that the FPS on your system if the at control by the discrete GPU they should not have any drop. In case this is happening I would recommend verifying this behavior with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos