1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 6:10 PM by Intel Corporation

CPU Features

nourhan_ali@seegypt.com

We have an old blade servers B200 m3 with "E5-2665" + a new blade servers b200 m5 with different processor family "Gold 6134 Skylake ", & VMware "vSphere" license for the old and the new blade servers, plus vCenter

And as I know , If I need to make servers with different processor family in one cluster, I have to enable EVC feature and select baseline configuration, so I need to know the below :

1. Which baseline to use and make with it the best use of, as we need to avoid losing more features (I think  sandy bridge)

2. what are the features* that we will lose in this situation (i mean it will effect on what)

• 1. Re: CPU Features
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi nourhan_ali@seegypt.com,

I have confirmed the feature AESNI into the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2665
          “Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) are a set of instructions that enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES-NI are valuable for a wide range of cryptographic applications, for example: applications that perform bulk encryption/decryption, authentication, random number generation, and authenticated encryption.

Now, I am confirming with my upper level if the PCLMULQDQ feature is included with this Sandy Bridge.

According to VMware documentation if both features are supported it will be possible to use the latest EVC Baseline.

I will reply as soon as possible.

Regards, 
          Miguel C.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation