Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7442 Discussions

Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN doesn't recognized accesspoint

idata
Employee

I updated my Lenovo T400 from Vista to Windows7. In Vista wireless connections to my Belkin AP wasn't any problem - but in Win7 64bit the adapter doesn't work correctly. In the systempanel it's shown a 'activated' - but trying to connect to AP - no AP is seen. I already updated to newest driver version 13.1.1.1 for x64, but still no accesspoint. Booting Vista again - and wireless connection is running without any problems.

Help very welcome!

FGC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Were you able to see other APs after you upgraded to Win7? Did you try to check your scan list when running Win7 at cafe or any other place?

idata
Employee

Thanks for your answer - I still have to check other accesspoints. Nevertheless it's quite strange that the same wireless card is operating problemfree in Vista, but isn't in Win7 x64 - even I installed to lastest driver from Intel - what's newer than the last driver release Lenovo is offering ( I also checked to Lenove driver release - but same error).

Yours

fgclodt

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've the same problems. My dell studio with intel 5300AGN doesn't regonized the accespoint (senao ECB-3220). My other computer didn't have this problem.

It's also with other NEW Intel driver like for the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. It's the same problem. With Win7 driver no problem after update Intel.... Senao was gone. Tell me......

Message was edited by: peekonline

0 Kudos