5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 5:11 PM by achiav01

DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034

achiav01

Has anybody tried it yet ?

• 1. Re: DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034
          achiav01

OUCH! It has already been withdrawn, it seems like it was wise of me to wait!

I think I will wait for the next version to be released for at least 1 week before upgrading.

• 2. Re: DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034
            incredible, after bios 031 also withdrawn bios 034, with when a reliable and durable version ?
            • 3. Re: DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034
              achiav01

The best thing to do is to wait for the next BIOS having been out for at least 1 week before downloading it and upgrading. Just to avoid making your board un-bootable or anything like that. I am still running bios 0031 at the moment without any problem but I guess I've been lucky.

• 4. Re: DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034
                jefons

Achiav01. Could you please tell me what kind of ram are you using,

I have the problem with my DH55HC, It reboots spontaneously even if I do nothing.

I am using Kingston KVR1333DDR 2GBX2

Do you have some problem like this?  I will apreciatte your Help, Thank´s.

• 5. Re: DH55TC / DH55HC / DH55PJ New BIOS 0034
                  achiav01

Well that's funny, it's the same type of RAM I have, KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

The internal code is 99U5403-003.A00LF, this identifies what kind of chips are used.

What can I say my system is very stable, I never had any reboots whatsoever.

A few things you could check:

• Make sure the BIOS is updated to version 0028, it is the most stable, see previous posts
                  • The processor is not over-clocked: bus is set at 133mhz
                  • The RAM is set at 1.5v and is not over-clocked: running at 1333mhz
                  • Test the RAM with http://www.memtest.org/ Leave it running overnight, if any errors come up it could mean the RAM is defective
                  • The processor is not over-heated: temperature always below 65C, cpu cooler properly installed with thermal paste and all 4 pins "clicked"
                  • Test the processor with http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/ Leave it running overnight, if any error comes up it means the processor is not properly cooled
                  • Check all BIOS settings and remove all options you don't need, even though this is very unlikely to cause reboots
                  • If you have a discrete graphic cards remove it and try using the graphics integrated in the processor
                  • if you have another PSU at hand try to swap it with the current one