Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 - Quake Champions - Texture flickering

OSkyr1
Beginner

Hello,

Is there any solution that fixes flickering on Intel HD 5500 in Quake Champions ?

Here you can see what I mean (by the flickering): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVC7XRtcT0

BTW: The game actually runs way better than on this video, but the flickering is really bad.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Because gaming performance may vary depending on hardware, software and game configuration, we would like to get more information to address this issue correctly.

It will be helpful if you could attach a video of the flickering the game experiencies when you play. Please attach pictures of the game configuration, too.

Keep in mind that it is recommended to have the graphics driver up to date. Have you tried updating the graphics driver?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to take a look at your system configuration.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
OSkyr1
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

As you can see on this video (not recorded by me): https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuUVC7XRtcT0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVC7XRtcT0 he is having the same issue, it happens on any video settings.

All my drivers should be updated. And for the GPU I use Intel® Graphics Driver v15.40.38.4963 (should be the official latest)

The log from Intel® System Support Utility is attached.

BTW on the Intel HD 4000 it works fine without any glitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA7nyLYBUiQ Quake Champions beta "running" on intel HD 4000 - YouTube

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi IMP700,

Can you check if the issue persist after enabling V-Sync within the game settings?

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
OSkyr1
Beginner

Yes, still the same even in window mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

Thank you for your reply.

We will do further research about this issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

I am still doing research about this issue and I was checking the report attached.

This is your system model:

-HP ProBook 430 G2

SKU: K3R10AV

According to the support website, there are AMD Video Drivers available for your computer. Does this model have discrete graphics, too? I could not find this information on the report attached.

If it does, could you please let me know if texture flickering occurs using the discrete graphics?

Also, does this model come with Windows* 7 or Windows* 8.1?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
OSkyr1
Beginner

Hello,

this model actually has only the Intel HD 5500 GPU and by default there were windows 8, but I use windows 10.

Also I have increased the RAM from 4GB to 16GB.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

Thank you for your reply.

We will get back to you soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

I am writing to let you know that we are still working on providing more information about this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

I am writing to let you know that we were able to replicate the issue reported when playing Quake Champions. We have been testing the game with a system that uses the same graphics controller, Intel® HD Graphics 5500, and these graphics driver versions:

A. Version: 15.40.41.5058 (Latest)

B. Version: 15.40.38.4963.

We also tested the game on a Dell XPS™ 15 9530 with Intel® HD Graphics 4600 / GeForce GT 750M. However, we did not run into any issues on this system.

You also mentioned that the texture flickering does not occur if you use a system with Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Do you have more information about this system? (e.g OS, System model)

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility if possible.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
OSkyr1
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

I currently don't have access to the computer with Intel HD 4000, but both computers have the same OS Windows 10 64-bit, 8+ GB RAM, Intel Core i5.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

Thank you for your response.

As soon as we have an update about this issue, I will get back to you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

Please fill out the following information and attach the reports:

/thread/77761 Information for reporting Graphics issues

-Intel® System Support Utility report (in case of OS changes)

-DxDiag* report.

-DispDiag report

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello IMP700,

We would like to gather the information requested above to continue working on this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MOlwa
Beginner

Hello, have a same problem on my X1 Carbon 3rd gen

I7 5600U

HD 5500

8 ram

SSD

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Olwaht,

If you are experiencing the same issue with Quake Champions, please fill out the following information and attach the reports:

/thread/77761 Information for reporting Graphics issues

-Intel® System Support Utility report

-DxDiag* report.

-DispDiag report

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
MOlwa
Beginner

Hello

Thank you for helping with our problem

All files in attachments

regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Olwaht,

Thank you for your response.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

I am writing to let you know that, based on further research, Quake Champions is not compatible with 5th Generation graphics. In other words, you may experience some issues including texture flickering.

It is worth mentioning that your feedback is highly appreciated and it will help us improve. However, we cannot promise that a fix will be available anytime soon.

We also recommend you to check out our https://gameplay.intel.com/ to optimize your games to play on Intel® Graphics.

Quake Champions
  • Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor
https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/PromoPage/Index/662046/i55200u/1/3 Intel® HD Graphics 5500
  • Intel® Core™ i7-5600U Processor
https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/PromoPage/Index/662046/i75600u/1/3 Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Wanner G.

0 Kudos