6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2018 3:58 PM by korolevtb

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work

FranKinDead

Dear Intel Co.,

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work. If I start it, it says me: "Something happened during the scan. Try again or see the FAQ section for help". I have tried to reinstallation this program, to turn off the windows firewall and the antivirus program and etc but it hadn't helped.

I use:

Windows 10 Home x64

Google Chrome 69.0.3497.81 x64

I would like you to answer my question on russian language but you can do it on english. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello FranKinDead,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in our Intel ® communities.

Please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
          As well please provide us with the DSA version that is causing the issue and attach to this thread the Log files found in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
          Diego S.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
            Intel Corporation

Hello  FranKinDead,
            We just wanted to double if you need further assistance?
            Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back.
            I hope to hear from you soon.
            Best Regards,
            Diego S.

• 3. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
              chilisoftware

Intel Driver & Support Assistant downloaded and installed. Old tray icon remained and hovered to remove in tray. Scan fails, txt (not avai;able on page ran.

Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again, or see our FAQs for help.

Server 2012 Std, i5 8GB Ram

• 4. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
                Intel Corporation

Hello FranKinDead,
                Thank you for your patience.
                We are currently investigating further regarding the issue that you are experiencing, we will contact you as soon as possible.
                Regards,
                Diego S.

• 5. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
                  Intel Corporation

Hello FranKinDead and chilisoftware,         
                  Thank you for your patience.
                  To FranKinDead:
                  There are several reasons why Intel DSA may be blocked on your computer.
                  If you are going through a proxy to access the internet, you may need to configure it to allow access. You can check your proxy configuration by following these steps:

1. Open the “Internet Options” control panel, which can be found in the Windows* Start Menu.
                  2. Select the “Connections” tab at the top of the window, and then select the “LAN settings” button near the bottom of the window.
                  3. If you are on a company network, and “Automatically detect settings” or “Use automatic configuration script” are selected, then you will need to contact your network administrator to allow connections to localhost. If you are not on a company network and these settings are selected, you will need to manually configure your proxy device to allow connections to localhost.
                  4. If the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox is selected, make sure the “Bypass proxy server for local addresses” is checked. Click the “Advanced” button, and in the “Exceptions” text area, add “127.0.0.1”, and then select “OK” and “OK”.
                  5. If you are running security or firewall software that may block network connections, you will need to configure your software to allow access to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Please refer to your security software vendor for instruction on how to manage this access.
                  To chilisoftware:                                                                            
                  I understand that the Intel® DSA does not scan your system.
                  Based on the brief description of your case, I noticed that you are running Windows* Server 2012. Please consider The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant ONLY supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7*, Windows 8* and Windows 8.1*, and Windows® 10.
                  For more information please visit our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ
                  Regards,
                  Diego S.
                  • 6. Re: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't work
                    korolevtb

Thanks a lot for your answers. I am sorry a lot for I couldn't answer your massages but my problem has solved by itself. I don't use any proxy servers but if this problem appears again I will write you. Thank you.

(I have loggined in from another account. I am FranKinDead).