Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

3rd monitor detected but no display

RBouc1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a user that is running on a new Dell optiPlex 5050, Win 10 (64bit), Intel HD 630 for about a month now she has been successful in viewing three monitors (2 via display port, 1 via HDMI). Suddenly the third monitor will no longer display, it is detected and backlight is visible, but no picture/desktop. I have tried updating the drivers for Intel, tried diff ports and cables with no luck. There have been no recent windows updates or changes to the machine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello reneeb,

Thank you for posting.

Have you tried with different monitors?

What specific driver versions did you try?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RBouc1
Beginner

I have indeed tried different monitors (view sonic and acer). The original driver version that was shown was https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=CMGP0 22.20.16.4771,A04 I have tried both https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=F63TC 22.20.16.4836,A05 and 23.20.16.4973 ,A06 which was provided on the Dell support site

0 Kudos
RBouc1
Beginner

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick! as a side note I wasn't able to install manually because it stated it wasn't compatible with 64bit but when I simply ran the application is was successful and the correct driver is noted in properties. Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/128786 reneeb, glad to hear that!

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos
BChap2
Beginner

I am having this same issue with a 620 graphics card. I have manually updated the driver (after having to work around Windows telling me that I already had the right one). No progress. I have this one installed: 24.20.100.6286, with a date of 8/15/2018--that's the version number showing on the download section of the website.

- 620, i7-8550

- Lenovo Flex 5-1570

However I configure my 2 monitors + laptop screen, I can get one additional monitor, but the second monitor is visible in the display advanced settings area, but won't show anything on the screen. This includes using the onboard HDMI, or either of the two HDMI/DVI ports on my displaylink dock (I have tried 3 docks).

This was working fine for months until middle of last week.

Anything else I can do on this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

bwelldrive, try with the drivers for your computer model: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-5-1570/downloads laptops and netbooks :: flex series :: flex 5 1570 Lenovo PC Support - US

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
BChap2
Beginner

Fixed my issue: After working on all drivers, and more, DisplayLink asked me to look again at my display settings. I was initially annoyed, thinking I was WAY too smart to have missed something there.

Apparently, something changed in Windows that caused the third monitor to automatically be shifted to "disconnect this display" status in display settings. I did not ever make this change. Once I found this and just selected "extend this display" for the disconnected display, it was back to normal! I am hoping this setup is "remembered" in future, but as a workaround, at least it works! Here's a screenshot:

0 Kudos
RBouc1
Beginner

Unfortunately the issue is somewhat reoccurring, and progressively becoming more frequent, it goes through periods of flickering the desktop image to black backlight.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

reneeb, I am sorry to hear that!

• Have you done any recent Windows 10 updates?
  • What's the Intel® HD Graphics driver version currently installed? Go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

You can try testing one of our previous driver versions: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88345 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.65]

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/128786 reneeb,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

0 Kudos